INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to prevent MC from looking at CDROM?  (Read 1115 times)

tiberiuspv

• Recent member
Is it possible to prevent MC from looking at CDROM?
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »

Dumb question. I always rip with DBPowerAmp (better initial tags, secure rip, and I am used to the tool...). I also always have MC running. Sometimes (not always, but I have been unable to identify what triggers it), MC reads the CD at the same time as DBPowerAmp, probably to enter it into its CD database (it says something along the lines of "Analyzing CD"). This leads to a much longer ripping setup time (track changes are slow, slow, slow...).

Is there any way to prevent MC from using the CDROM at all? Autoplay is off in Windows 7, and off for Audio CD in the CD, DVD and BD MC options panel.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Re: Is it possible to prevent MC from looking at CDROM?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »

I'd love to hear a solution to this also.  I'm also a big DBPowerAmp fan, for the same reasons you listed.  I also see JRiver and Makemkv fighting over the optical drive.  This is all on my server.

In the HT room is just a small HTPC with JRiver running as a library client.  It has a slot load bluray drive, which Media Center is almost constantly trying to access even though it's empty 99% of the time.  I'd hear the drive make it's noises, checking for a disc, while Media Center is frozen waiting for it.  This is just when browsing around in Theater View.  Eventually I gave up trying to find a solution and just removed the drive, although I liked having it there for the occasional disc.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »

have you tried taking the file association .cda out of the lineup?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

tiberiuspv

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:25:49 am »

Good idea, I had not thought about it. But .cda is currently associated to Windows Media Player, not MC.

Stereolab42

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up