INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dialog Box is appearing unbidden  (Read 771 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Dialog Box is appearing unbidden
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:55 am »

I've been using MC19 more than a year, but only use it to play music files, not video or other media.

In the last few days, a dialog box has started appearing on its own, maybe once or twice a day. The program is always open in Windows 8.1 and might or might not be playing music to my remote music renderer over the Ethernet cable at the time. The first time it happened today, I had opened the application and immediately walked away from the PC without doing even a single click to the UI.

The box has a title of: Confirm Action
The text asks: Would you like the play the disc currently in your drive?
There are 2 buttons: Yes and No

Note that I have not had any kind of optical drive (CD or DVD) attached to the computer in several months.

A little history might give you a clue to what's happening. I recently reported in this forum that for many months MC's Theater Mode would open on its own without my requesting it. And, again, it would sometimes happen when I wasn't even sitting at the PC. I received a response to that posting telling me that I could turn off the Theater Mode feature in the Options dialog. I did turn it off. And it was within 24 hours after that when I first saw the Confirm Action dialog open on its own. So maybe whatever was triggering Theater Mode is now triggering this dialog box.

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I wonder whether any kind of Bluetooth event is the trigger, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

I am NOT using any of the MC19 compatible remotes at all.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up