INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver saving TAG Changes????  (Read 1287 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver saving TAG Changes????
« on: December 26, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »

IT's now saving tags on about 20K files without me having any idea what they are...I'm forcing it to quit but whne I restart it does it again..
It would be extremely nice to know what's going on....Been like that for ages why not an option to let the user know what's going on??
Feels like iTunes. Hopefully JRiver is not messing up with my audio files...

I Haven't changed or added anything to the library except for one Album Converted with dBpoweramp and reimported. I've replaced a field in JRiver :� with - for this particular album...All I did and it made changes for this. Then error changing tag. Restarted JRiver and now this (saving tags to 20000...).

Nevertheless my whole point is...You should let the user know what's going on..Very scary and annoying. We use JRiver because we're audio freaks and the fact JRiver does stuff without us knowing about it is scary...
Good thing I have several backups of my audio files.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver saving TAG Changes????
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:49:35 pm »

And here it goes again...WT...???

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »

After a crash...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 08:57:49 pm »

Folks don't get me wrong I love your software... But sometimes it's extremely frustrating to use...
Too many features being added not enough testing and stability..
TV is getting closer and closer thx to Yaobbing doing an amazing job but it'll have to wait a few months..back to Sage (again after a zillion tries in the last 2 years) Do I need to say there's no longer any development done on Sage?
Zones...I've been trying to use them from 3 different PC's in my house for at least a couple of years as well...Always a crash, never in Sync, so just like TV I come back every once in a while to notice it's not worth the effort...

I wish I had more time to help you guys but Interact is not very user friendly..Bug reporting is a bit of a mess....AND I DID spent hundreds of hours reporting bugs but I simply do not have the time..

I do apologize but I'm a bit frustrated right now looking at JRiver messing with my audio files...Maybe it isn't but I simply do not know..

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:15:38 pm »

All right something is definitely wrong. I just restarted JRiver after it finished "saving tags" and here we go again... .Now I'm down to 11000 songs needing a rescan..what the heck is going on?????

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 11:42:17 pm »

All right...Looks like it was related to my ipod still plugged in... Unplugged it and the tagging stopped...Still doesn't make sense why this started all of a sudden...My Ipod was plugged in for the last 3 days ...Or was it related to reformatting an SD card? Then again this was done before this all started..

Oh well my files are untouched.

Back to my original point about letting us know what the heck File tagging does!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up