INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 sudden problems: spinning disks, buffering, Rips taking an hour...  (Read 796 times)

Siladem

• Recent member

Hello

I am running MC 20.0.73 on a windows 7 PC connected to a Qnap NAS. Until last night, haven't had a problem.
Started ripping some new CD's last night. Of the ten, 3 took forever, started getting "unknown error" messages. Other 7 were fine.
Today, I ripped one CD, it took almost an hour with numerous problems (the unknown error message). But it did rip.
But now, when i go to play a video or an audio file, I get a "spinning up disk" message. It then buffers, plays for 3 seconds (literally) and then starts buffering again.
Web streams work fine.
I have a second PC, connected to same library in my office. No problems there: no connection issues, no spinning, no buffers.

Any suggestions on what happened? The only variable was a windows update that was applied to the PC; that was done after the problems last night but prior to the problems w/ the spinning & buffering.

Thanks.

Edit/Update - I restored to before the updates, it didn't make a difference. I reinstalled MC20 to .63 (or whatever the most recent stable is) - no difference.
If I use the office PC media center to open files and play on the affected one, there is a slight lag but they play - no further buffers or stops.
In addition, search and updating the library takes an incredibly long time for each file and I have begun to have numerous hang ups where MC is not responding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up