INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startup Options - Play all tracks in playlist  (Read 1618 times)

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Startup Options - Play all tracks in playlist
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:39:27 am »

Is there a way to achieve this: Switch on the PC and connected amplifier and MC refreshes/reloads and then plays a (last or defined) smartlist with all titles? (Like when you switch on the radio with your favourite station.)
I have used "start playing current playlist" in Options/Startup/Startup Actions. But it only plays one track from the (last) playlist and then stops playing.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Re: Startup Options - Play all tracks in playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:01:53 am »

I found the reason for playing only one track: MC always uses the same playlist with the above settings in options and plays the last played track again. (Boring). And if this is the last one in the playlist, since it reached it's end, it's the the only track to play.
It would be great if on load the playlist would be automatically refreshed and then played.
If that can't be done right now: It's a feature request.
I hope one of the developers reads this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:51:34 am »

It seems like 'Options > Startup > Start playing current playlist' would be all you need.

If you set the playlist to loop, it'll keep playing.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:35:29 am »

Where and how to I set the playlist to loop?
Can't find this feature ...

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 01:31:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure Matt is refering to the "Repeat" function located just to the right of the slider bar at the top of MC when a song is playing. Next to the "Shuffle" and then the "Dsp" features....the three little icons. repeat, shuffle, DSP....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 03:45:51 am »

OK. Thanks. Found it. But this only helps a little.

What's missing is a refresh of the playlist, an automatic click on the "refresh" button of the playlist before it loads. Or even better also when the last song of the list is played. By that you don't have to listen to the same songs again if you smartlist like many of mine are "2 hours soft rock" or "2 hours smooth jazz".

I hope that can be done in one of the next builds. Shouldn't be too difficult if JRiver wants it ...

PatBCN

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 06:18:06 pm »

Totally agree for such Startup feature. Should also be possible to define the zone to play.
If I've watched a movie as last thing before power down, on power up (Startup) the movie is played again .. when I would like the music to start on a given playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up