INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing levelized music on a handheld - Is MP3Gain still necessary these days?  (Read 1331 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

I use MP3Gain to normalize  before I put files in the MC library.  I do that because most of my music is played on iPODs, and MC, as far as I know, doesn't actually change the file to produce a levelized signal even with MC20, and the R128 levelizing tag isn't used by Apple, as far as I know.  Is MP3Gain still the best approach to play levelized music on the Ipod (or other handheld) or am I missing something.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I store on my music in MC20 and then use MC20 and MCIS to move it to handhelds
John

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

When converting for any handheld you can use MC to apply DSP (in this instance, Volume Levelling) in the conversion options to the files during conversion, which will volume level everything for you.

Vocalpoint

I use MP3Gain to normalize  before I put files in the MC library.  I do that because most of my music is played on iPODs, and MC, as far as I know, doesn't actually change the file to produce a levelized signal even with MC20, and the R128 levelizing tag isn't used by Apple, as far as I know.

If you run Analyze Audio on everything in your library, MC writes levelling data to the file that can be used by the iPod if the Soundcheck option is turned on the iPod. Works like a charm on all our iPods here.

VP

jack wallstreet

Thank you all for the response.  I will test and drop MP3Gain
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up