INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Stopping on latest versions  (Read 2763 times)

Mountainjoe

• Recent member
Playback Stopping on latest versions
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:40:36 am »

Playback is stopping after first or second song in my playing now list - this has been happening since the last several versions - at least going back to 20.0.67 and still there with 20.0.80. The Play button shows that it thinks it's still playing (i.e. you see the pause button - meaning it's playing) but no audio is playing.

If I start the song again (pause -> then play) it starts up again but only plays one song then stops again. I'm on a Mac Pro running 10.10.2. and streaming to an Auralic Aries in uPnP mode.

Anyone seeing this problem?

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
Re: Playback Stopping on latest versions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:39:30 am »

Hello MountainJoe,

Have you changed any settings on the network side (i.e. network router or firewall)? I don't trust UPnP because network security-wise, it is an unsafe method to use a network, but DLNA is a superset of uPnP, so even with blocking UPnP at the router side, DLNA still works. I am using MC v.20.0.80, but I don't have any trouble using JRiver MC machine as a media server.

If you hadn't changed any network settings, try rebooting your network router and Aries.

Best regards,
Y. G.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:03 am »

UPnP itself is not unsafe.  What you may be thinking about is that UPnP options on routers will open up access from the outside, but this is not necessary if you're using it on a LAN.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:12:52 am »

Jim, you are right. :) I may have been oversimplifying things when I talked about it. It's the convenience versus the security, and I am trying to be on the safe side. :) Thank you for clarifying. :)

Best regards,
Y. G.

Mountainjoe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »

Hello MountainJoe,

Have you changed any settings on the network side (i.e. network router or firewall)? I don't trust UPnP because network security-wise, it is an unsafe method to use a network, but DLNA is a superset of uPnP, so even with blocking UPnP at the router side, DLNA still works. I am using MC v.20.0.80, but I don't have any trouble using JRiver MC machine as a media server.

If you hadn't changed any network settings, try rebooting your network router and Aries.

Best regards,
Y. G.

Hi Y.G. - I haven't changed any network settings - let me try your suggestion and give DLNA a shot. It's curious though that this used to work fine and then stopped after one of the version upgrades...

Cheers, Joe

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 05:41:35 pm »

Playback is stopping after first or second song in my playing now list - this has been happening since the last several versions - at least going back to 20.0.67 and still there with 20.0.80. The Play button shows that it thinks it's still playing (i.e. you see the pause button - meaning it's playing) but no audio is playing.

If I start the song again (pause -> then play) it starts up again but only plays one song then stops again. I'm on a Mac Pro running 10.10.2. and streaming to an Auralic Aries in uPnP mode.

Anyone seeing this problem?

I'm experiencing something similar that I posted about in another thread. Most of the time my issue is the songs "skipping" or pausing and then resume playing. But every now and then it does stop and I do see the pause button but at that point all I can do is force quit and restart to take any action.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up