INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Player crashes when Idle  (Read 1648 times)

alice

• Recent member
JRiver Media Player crashes when Idle
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »

Hi,

I have a dedicated PC setup for JRiver running Win 8.1, I usually listen to music in the evening but what I notice is the player crashes when I return the next day and I need to restart the application.

Not sure what causes this, not a big issue but need to login to the machine everyday to restart the app.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: JRiver Media Player crashes when Idle
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:09:27 pm »

Hi,

I have a dedicated PC setup for JRiver running Win 8.1, I usually listen to music in the evening but what I notice is the player crashes when I return the next day and I need to restart the application.

Not sure what causes this, not a big issue but need to login to the machine everyday to restart the app.

Hello

I'm not a 8.1 user but u say u need to log back in to 8.1.. so what I'm getting from ur post is...what ur playing stops at some point. so could ur 8.1 be shutting down the hard drive or hibernating it self?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:39:17 pm »

Hello

I'm not a 8.1 user but u say u need to log back in to 8.1.. so what I'm getting from ur post is...what ur playing stops at some point. so could ur 8.1 be shutting down the hard drive or hibernating it self?

Its not when the music is playing, its just when I come back the next day to play some music.
So it happens when the app is live but the music is not playing, hope that makes sense.

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:18:43 am »

Hi I see it occasionally as well . I keep the HTPC switched on most of the day so that I can see the library remotely. I have a dedicated PC only MC running , win 8.1 , set up NEVER to shut down when on mains.

My media is all external USB 3 drives , so hibernating drive could be a reason

We have major thunderstorms here in RSA so I shutdown every evening.

I find what is being described , that occasionally I try to start some music usually with JRemote when I can't get a response I switch the TV on and see a MC is not responding error mBox

I have a suspicion it may be due to wifi drops outs , ie where the wi fi for some reason fails

It's never been often enough to worry about and I have not really noticed any specific build causing issues.

Mike

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:02:09 am »

Its not when the music is playing, its just when I come back the next day to play some music.
So it happens when the app is live but the music is not playing, hope that makes sense.
yup it sure does...I run w7 and pc is on 3-4 days at a time with JR either playing or minimized and not playing and I have not seen this issue. Sorry my idea was of no use, I hope u find the issue.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up