INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Window Setup (MJ8)  (Read 772 times)

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
Player Window Setup (MJ8)
« on: January 23, 2002, 06:02:17 am »

Hi,
   I would like to customize the player window and it appears that there is a huge amount of info I could display providing that know the codes etc. Some options are displayed in the drop down "Examples".

Are these documented anywhere?

Thanks,
John
Namaste,
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Player Window Setup (MJ8)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 06:12:48 am »

Help for MJ 8 isn't ready yet, but all of the keywords are shown in the examples.

And if there are more you would like, just ask.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gatobrit

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 06:55:32 am »

Matt,
   I would like to add the track # of the file that is playing rather than the position in Playing Now. Also, although this probably isn't readily available, the total # of tracks in the album.

I understand that the track # is available in the window if I simply play an album by right clicking "Play" on the album, but I find that I build Playing Now during the day as I add albums to the end of Playing Now.

This isn't important enough for me to want to fiddle with the MJ during the day other than to add more albums / songs to PN, that is, I don't want to have to delete the prior tracks out of PN in order to get the display as I want it.

I would like to try and reproduce the display of a CD player but this may be impossible given the "file basis" of MJ rather than album basis. So...

1:50 / 4:30   Trk 5/12 166 kbps

(showing the current time in the current track and the current track's # of the # of tracks in the album, plus bitrate)

or...

Trk 1 1:50 of 12 Tracks 45:50   166 kbps

(showing track X at current time of Y tracks on the album with a total of nn:nn minutes and seconds on the album.

Sounds to me like some kind of "album entity" is required somewhere that doesn't presently exist. I don't know.

Thanks,
John
Namaste,
John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 07:56:28 am »

I'd like to see a center option.

Gatobrit

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2002, 08:13:30 am »

Matt,
   Further to the thoughts about album entity. I'm just noodling around here so don't mind me - I'm sure there is nothing I am going to come up with that you haven't considered.

Getting album statistics (i.e. the total playing time of the album) would have to a process of library analysis so that partial albums would have a total time - i.e. I don't think you would want to get the total time from album during ripping.

Also, yesterday I decided to check out the cover art functionality and chose an album (Yes / The Yes Album) track and did a lookup. MJ retrieved the album cover - cool. However, if I look at other tracks on the same album I don't see a cover.

Seems to me that an album entity and some form of library scan would resolve these issues.

Thanks,
John
Namaste,
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up