INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any recommendation for mobile player which easily syncs with MC 20 for Mac?  (Read 1654 times)

Frosch

• Recent member

I posted this request already in the devices sub-forum but have not received any feedback yet:

Are there any portable/mobile players on the market which can easily be synched with JRiver MC 20 for Mac?

I am asking this because there is obviously no solution for easy sync between MC 20 for Mac and Apple mobile devices (iPod/iPad/iPhone)
as discussed on this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94063.0

I am in the trial phase of JRiver MC 20 for Mac which in combination with JRemote installed on my Ipad/Iphone works great at home.
I am streaming Music from my iMac with the iPad/JRemote to the AppleTV which is connected to my Denon 4508 AVR (B&W speakers)

Although they work excellent as a remote with JRIver I cannot sync my IPhone/Ipod with Mc for Mac (i.e. no physical storage of music files, no playcount sync etc.)

I might try a non Apple mobile player provided the player

- works/syncs smoothly with MC for Mac
- sound quality is not inferior to iPod (I am no audiophile...)
- storage (can be less than my 160GB iPod, but min 64 GB would be nice)
- price is reasonable, the Pono at 400 EUR would be on the very high side

Any recommendations?

Jens

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

I don't have a specific recommendation, but make sure it supports USB mass storage mode so that Media Center Mac can manage it nicely.

A quick Google check and the Fiio X3 looks like a contender:
http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-X3-Mastering-Quality-Wolfson/dp/B00E9O6C96
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Quantum Wave

Thanks for this recommendation! (I'm a newby to MediaCenter) and trying to sync MC Mac with a FiiO X3 that has a 65 gb micro-SD card in it. J River sees the X3 music player but it doesn't see the micro-SD card. (It's showing the 7.1gbs available from the X3 music player only.) This despite the Mac Finder showing the X3 and the micro-SD card separately.

Please advise how to include the micro-SD card in the sync.

Thanks again!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

Do you see two storage devices under "Drives & Devices" in the left-hand tree view?  
If not, try going to Tools / Options / Handheld / Redetect all devices...

Although Finder sees the drive, can you actually drag files to it via Finder?  You may need to switch the USB mode first as pointed out in the X3 user manual:

*Set System Settings->USB Mode to DAC for the X3 to function as a DAC connected to
digital sources, or Storage for the X3 to function as external storage and card reader.
The USB cable needs to be unplugged and replugged after each change.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up