INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View not available in JRiver Android app  (Read 765 times)

G. Shumway

• Recent member
View not available in JRiver Android app
« on: May 20, 2020, 01:56:21 pm »

For many years I used Gizmo and a MC20 library server. I recently switched to an MC26 library and noticed that the main view that I use for organizing my music no longer shows up in Gizmo or the JRiver Android app.

My organizing scheme is based on disk location and I have a good number of albums/songs in multiple formats. The way Gizmo and JRiver app display files currently means that I get duplicates shown whenever I have multiple formats, but no way to differentiate them or see the directory structure.

The Disk Location view I created shows up no problem when I'm connecting via Media Center on another PC, but not in the phone apps. Can I get that view back? The apps are significantly less useful to me without it

Any help appreciated

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: View not available in JRiver Android app
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:05 pm »

To add a custom view scheme for remote apps like Gizmo and JRemote, you need to go to Tools-> Options-> Media Network-> Advanced-> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel.

If this worked previously with Gizmo, then I'm guessing that when you switched to Media Center 26, it didn't keep the custom view. If you still have Media Center 20 installed, you could check the configuration there and add it to Media Center 26. Once you you've added a custom view scheme, you need to restart Media Center before it will take effect.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 02:19:27 pm »

This may not help you if it's been too long since you upgraded...

I've found the regular upgrade process doesn't always migrate everything it should, (although it obviously does migrate some things) and that it's necessary to do a library restore after the upgrade to get the rest.

So if you have not made many library changes since upgrading, you could restore the library backup from the old version.  You could even create a new backup on the old version if is still installed.  I would run a library backup in MC26 before doing anything.

Short of that, recreating the view as Brad says would be your best bet.

G. Shumway

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 02:26:04 pm »

Success! Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up