INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc20 playback through enabled equalization(mp3 audio)  (Read 1777 times)

jn55

• Recent member
mc20 playback through enabled equalization(mp3 audio)
« on: January 06, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

When I want to adjust equalization, the sound level starts to go up and down on its own. Please advise.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: mc20 playback through enabled equalization(mp3 audio)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:43:06 am »

Please provide some more detail on what you're seeing (hearing).  When you enable a DSP feature like equalization, there will be  a short delay before it takes effect in the audio chain.  Does it respond correctly when you drag the sliders up and down?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jn55

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »

The delay in enabled equalization is normal, correct?. When I am adjusting equalization frequencies,  is where I can hear  the spike in the volume level. The moment I bring the mouse to even hover over any particular frequency (with out actually adjusting) there is a audible increase in volume for a fraction of a sec, then it normalizes, giving it a up  and down shade.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »

Hmm, not seeing that here.  Are you using the "Equalizer" or the "Parametric Equalizer" DSP?

Are you saying when you simply hover the mouse over the equalizer bars you hear volume changes?  How about when you drag the sliders up and down, do you hear the frequency change?

jn55

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »

That is correct. The frequency range is responding just fine when I drag the cursor over. Actually once you set frequencies to your desired level there is no issue if you leave the DSP window and go to normal JRiver playback. If you go by ears then I am feeling the sound instability when I am in the DSP window and customizing frequencies. I am highlighting this because this has never happened in a windows7 environment or as matter of fact I have never experienced this in Foobar, Gom Audio, iTunes, Real, VLC etc.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 09:09:08 am »

... If you go by ears then I am feeling the sound instability when I am in the DSP window and customizing frequencies.
I'm still not sure what you mean by this.  Can you explain what constitutes "feeling the sound instability"?  There is absolutely no change in the sound until you drag one of the sliders or change some other setting.  Each setting change will cause the EQ filter to be reconfigured and after a short lag time the audio will reflect the change to the filter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up