INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 goes into Theatre View without being told to  (Read 710 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
MC19 goes into Theatre View without being told to
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »

I'll usually be doing something that has nothing to do with Media Center, and it may even be minimized, and all of a sudden I see the Theatre View window full screen. Occasionally, I'm not even doing anything at the computer but see it happen from across the room. And, yes, once in a while I'm clicking in MC and it happens. It used to happen only once or twice a month. It's now happening 3 or 4 times a day on some days. Media Center is always open when this happens, but it's not the case that I have music playing when it happens: maybe yes, maybe no.

I only use MC19 to play music over my wired Ethernet network to my DLNA renderer, a Naim Media Player box. I have 61.0 days (1464 hours) worth of FLAC music files in my MC library on my hard drive. I never use video, photo of any other kind of media.

It occurs to me that Bluetooth might be the culprit if MC19 responds to any kind of Bluetooth event. I use Bluetooth signals for both my wireless mouse and my wireless keyboard. Maybe Bluetooth signals are being sent even when neither the mouse nor keyboard is being used. (And note that I live in an apartment in a New York high-rise, so I cannot rule out Bluetooth messages from my neighbors.) Is MC19 looking for a Bluetooth signal from any device being used as a remote? If so, that might be the problem.

It's not a huge hassle; I only have to press Escape twice. But it is annoying.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a MS Surface 3 Pro. It has 256 GB of memory.

I have not upgraded to MC20 because there seems to be nothing in the New Features list I would use. But if the bug would probably go away with the new version, I'd be willing to make the investment.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem? Or thoughts on how to make the bug go away?

Otherwise, I love MC19 and use it all day every day when I'm home.

John

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: MC19 goes into Theatre View without being told to
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »

I can only think of a few things to try:
- Something could be sending "Ctrl+4" to MC, or
- Something could be sending the "Green Button" command (normally on a Remote Control)

If you don't use Theater View you could try disabling it in Tools --> Options --> Features
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up