INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-buffering drop-outs playing SACD iso ( solved )  (Read 1466 times)

Foxenhimr

• Recent member
Re-buffering drop-outs playing SACD iso ( solved )
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

Hi Folks, I'm a relative newbie to JR, and have no problems playing any audio or video, except sacd's from iso files from an "on-board" sata HD . I keep getting re-buffering drop-outs, and have been noodling around with settings to see whether I can stop them. I have buffering set to 500 ms, and pre-buffering at 20 seconds, which appear to be the max. My system is win 7, desktop AMD A4 3300 ( 2.5 Ghz ) and audio device is the default HDMI output( wasapi ). The system is obviously really chewing on these files - I can see the timer spinning from time to time, and the track time counter often stutters and has to catch up. Am I asking my system too much to play these ?

For what it's worth ( I don't fully understand the various numbers mean ), here are my system's benchmark numbers "math" 1149, "image" 1584, and "database" 1979.

Any suggestions are welcome

Foxenhimr

• Recent member
Re: Re-buffering drop-outs playing SACD iso
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

it appears I have no problems at all with one sacd - it's 2 channels/5644 kbsp. The ones I'm having a problem with are 6 channel/16934 kbsp

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:31:59 pm »

6 channel SACD's are quite resource intensive, and it might actually be too much for your CPU (which isn't the strongest under the sun).
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Foxenhimr

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:31:02 am »

Hendrick, I was afraid that was going to be the answer  :(

Foxenhimr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »

would adding more ram to my system help, or is processor going to struggle regardless ?

Also, if slow CPU is the problem could I expect to have the same problem with downloaded 6 channel DSD files, or is it the SACD's that are particularly resource hungry ?

Foxenhimr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 09:14:46 am »

It appears my problem is solved. In my early days of JRiver use, the program "suggested" down-sampling the output rate from the source, 352.8 khz, to 48khz - thinking smaller would be better, I went with it. Just by chance I changed the 48 to 176.4 and I've had not a stutter since. This is certainly not what I'd call an "intuitive" outcome, but I am happy it appears to be ok now
Pages: [1]   Go Up