INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's in charge of the Remote Control Stuff for MJ 8?  (Read 983 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Who's in charge of the Remote Control Stuff for MJ 8?
« on: January 22, 2002, 10:55:14 am »

Well... To Whom It May Concern :

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Remote Control usage in MJ8 (as most of the time I'm listening to music with it, I'm controlling it via remote) and I have some ideas about what I'd like to see. No doubt some of these are already planned anyway, but here they are. Next Page

1. It's occured to me that with this new PlaylistID thing that was implemented, there is now also the possibility to be able to issue a command from a remote and have it begin playing a specific playlist. For instance, any remote control plugin could have 5-10 presets that would store the PlaylistID for a specified playlist, and then the plugin could contain commands to play those presets.

2. Access to Quick Play from the Remote. Something very similar to this was available in 7.2, but it was rather clunky. It would be nice to see this all streamlined in 8.

3. The next/previous playlist commands should be step into playlist groups as well be able to play the entire group. (It should also jump to Smartlists as well - currently it skips them)

Of course, this could be rendered moot if #1 was implemented, but it would still be nice as you'd have a limited number of presets with 1 (not sure how you could offer an unlimited number of presets) and with next/previous playlist you could gain access to the playlists that don't have a preset.

4. It would also be nice to have a next/previous vis option.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Who's in charge of the Remote Control Stuff for MJ 8?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 11:27:06 am »

Thanks Doof.

We plan shore up remote stuff a bunch by release time.

More later...

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 11:34:55 am »

and it's JohnT who's Mr. Remote at JRiver.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 11:56:39 am »

Ah, cool. I don't want to sound like a pain in the ass about this stuff (as I know I've posted about remote control usage a couple of times already) but the whole PlaylistID idea hit me the other day in the "inspiration room" (bathroom) and I figured I'd post it. I just included the rest of the stuff because it fit the topic. Next Page

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 01:45:59 pm »

I'm having some grief with the Girder plugin. Moving up and down through the Media Library doesn't seem to update the view pane, and Menu actually activates Full-Screen. I'm a little confused by the function of Select as well. Focus also seems to get lost a lot, so in the end, I've found some workarounds using a mixture of the Girder plugin and Girder keystrokes. Still can't find a reliable way to do fast-forward and rewind though.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 03:01:04 pm »

The Girder plugin was originally written with MJ 7.2's "Menu Mode". The up, down, left, right and select made a lot more sense in Menu Mode than they do in MJ 8's standard MEGA-ME mode.

I mostly use it just to start and quit MJ, start, stop, and pause playback, jump through the playlists, and skip through songs in Playing Now. I don't bother trying to do anything too fancy with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up