INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to easily switch sources, i.e. link library to backed up source  (Read 857 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

I have been having some serious problems with my NAS expansion for the last 10 days now which means nothing is available for streaming. I do have a backup NAS and wondered if I can easily switch sources and if so, how would I go about it? I am hoping for something like Lightroom where I only have to point the database to a new (identical) location and all is well.

PS. The MC database does NOT reside on the NAS.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You can create a new library and reimport from your backup NAS. Or you can point your existing library database to the new location using Rename/Move/Copy files under library tools. Select "Update database..." and use the "Find and Replace" option to change the NAS or directory location.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks, the rename is a good idea, I had forgotten about that (largely because it is not as userfriendly as one would like it to be).

akira54

• Galactic Citizen

My brain must have been switched off  :P because when I started to mess around with MC's rename path command it suddenly struck me that all I needed to do was change the Windows mappings to point to the other server I was trying to use. That took all of a minute or so and presto..I am up and running again. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up