INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping BluRay Pure Audio?  (Read 6500 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Ripping BluRay Pure Audio?
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:13:20 pm »

Hi all,
I'm about to purchase the CSNY 1974 set that came out about 6 months ago. The music comes on a BluRay Pure Audio disc. I'd like to rip it to my NAS. Any suggestions on what I need to do? I want it loseless of course, but not sure if there are any special considerations for this format, of which I am unfamiliar.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Ripping BluRay Pure Audio?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:01 am »

Anyone?

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:32:50 pm »

Use AudioMuxer to rip the HD audio to FLAC.

https://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135

Others may recommend DVD Audio Extractor.  That one is great for DVD-A discs, but it cannot extract the HD audio from a Blu-ray, only the core.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

Use AudioMuxer to rip the HD audio to FLAC.

https://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135

Others may recommend DVD Audio Extractor.  That one is great for DVD-A discs, but it cannot extract the HD audio from a Blu-ray, only the core.
Thank you! I don't know if the disc I'm gonna buy is encrypted or protected in some way...I hope this works. It would be really nice to play it off the NAS.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:23:16 pm »

What about eac3to? I use it for ripping bluray movies, and it can extract any audio track.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966 Here you will find both the eac3to command line application and links to GUIs.

You would need the Arcsoft DTS decoder dll to decode any hd dts tracks (or you will end up with the core). Search this forum on that topic.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:33:08 pm »

What about eac3to? I use it for ripping bluray movies, and it can extract any audio track.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966 Here you will find both the eac3to command line application and links to GUIs.

You would need the Arcsoft DTS decoder dll to decode any hd dts tracks (or you will end up with the core). Search this forum on that topic.

AudioMuxer is just a shell for eac3to and other tools, so you need Arcsoft dts decoder as well.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

Use JRiver to Convert Video to Audio. The Wiki article on Particles explains how to do it for Blu-rays.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »

It can all be done in MC (with the exception of the decruption for which you will need AnyDVD HD or the like).

Initial Overview of Pure Audio in MC (esp the first post)
Guide on how to import and tag the tracks in MC

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »

It can all be done in MC (with the exception of the decruption for which you will need AnyDVD HD or the like).

Initial Overview of Pure Audio in MC (esp the first post)
Guide on how to import and tag the tracks in MC

Thanks
Nathan
Wow! Awesome work, Jmone! Thanks so much. The disc is not in Chapter.db, so I guess I'll be contributing to that. It's nice to be able to do it all in MC.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »

My personal preference is to work with MC as a one stop deal wherever I can but I haven't got AnyDVD loaded on to my system, so I'd be using this approach as an alternative:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7759

MakeMKV can be run for free with a beta trial key. New keys are issued periodically.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

I used to also rip all my Music DVD's as separate files, but of course you don't get any gapless playback when playing the while set.  The good thing with a full BD stucture + particles approach is you can play the whole set or individual tracks (just like a CD Rip).
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up