INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Record Sound: clipping distortion message  (Read 581 times)

Normand

Record Sound: clipping distortion message
« on: January 22, 2002, 10:46:09 am »

Hello!

I'm using Media Jukebox v7.2.280 on a new IBM ThinkPad that shipped with Windows XP Pro.

Using the Media Jukebox  > Tools > Recorder feature, I get a warning message under "Options" > Recording Volume Auto.

When doing the test, I get the following... "The clipping distortion was extremely high. You should decrease the volume on your audio device and try again."

I'm using the ThinkPad's audio Line In, I have the Window's Master Volume "Master Volume" & "Line In" set in between the lowest (bottom) two tick marks.

I also have the Window's Recording Control "Line In" set in between the lowest (bottom) two tick marks.

And I still get this message... any idea what's causing this "The clipping distortion was extremely high" message?

Thanks!, Normand

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Record Sound: clipping distortion message
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 09:16:46 am »

What external device are you recording from? Whatever it is, if it has a volume control on it, turn the volume down somewhat and try the test again. You don't need to manually fiddle with the volume controls in Windows, if you select "line-in" for recording source in MJ, the recorder controls it's volume automatically.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up