INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! MC 20 will not burn discs.  (Read 2679 times)

audiodoc

• Recent member
HELP! MC 20 will not burn discs.
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:12:40 pm »

After upgrading from MC19 to MC20 the program will no longer burn CDs. Says its writing the lead-in, copies the a few seconds of the first track, then says its writing the lead-out, all within a matter of seconds. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program without success. When I tried to replay the CD, the program freezes, and not even Task Mgr. can stop it. Had to pull the plug in order to reboot. Have already wasted about a dozen blank CDs. Just installed a new HP desktop computer last week, and all my other programs are working just fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should I be reinstalling MC 19?

Lou Balch

audiodoc

• Recent member
Re: HELP! MC 20 will not burn discs.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »

I reinstalled MC19 and have no problems burning discs. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now - NEVER be an early upgrader! Allow others to do their beta testing.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:14 pm »

Were you on the latest build???

20.0.16 (9/15/2014)

1. NEW: Import/Analysis of video files uses the new JRiver Video Engine for consistency across platforms.
2. Changed: The codec names used for the "Compression" field in video files are more consistent.
3. Changed: Options > General > Popup transparency mode also disables transparency for menus and tooltips if selected.
4. Fixed: CD burning was failing with error "Can't start the write.".
5. Fixed: Volume protection would override the startup volume setting.  Now startup volume has precedence.
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

wisedan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 11:18:31 am »

I'm having the same problem. MC seems to write the titles, but does not write the actual files.

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:57:43 am »

Read all of above:
specifically:

1: 4. Fixed: CD burning was failing with error "Can't start the write.".
&
2: I reinstalled MC19 and have no problems burning discs

3: After upgrading from MC19 to MC20 the program will no longer burn CDs. Says its writing the lead-in, copies the a few seconds of the first track, then says its writing the lead-out, all within a matter of seconds. with Have already wasted about a dozen blank CDs

Done all of above with similar problems.

On this pc [the server] I'm W7 and both MC 19 & 20 as above [NOT WORKING].
On older pc [client] I'm XP MC20 as above MC19 works.

Tried catching files from both server library and MC's explorer list [jic syndrome]. As above.

Various searching on MC's forum & any comments throughout internet search give no answer's.

So for me, for now I'm using MC19 on the XP client for burning only.
1 thought came to mind is ,has there been any copying issues regarding official [my own] CD's [although I doubt this].

as above , keep wasting CD's is a pain and waste. It is  a rarely done thing here, but very useful when making compilations for personal use.

I hasten to add that this has never been an issue all of these years [about 10] while using MC.

cheers

stodd4

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 11:47:47 am »

Hi - this is my first time using JRiver (have trial version of MC 20) and the same thing is happening to me --
cannot burn an audio CD.  About 60-90 seconds of music gets onto the disk but then it all stops.
Have tried 4-5 times, using FLAC and WAV files as source. 
(I can use - sorry - MS Window Media Play to successfully burn the files, so it's not the source files or the drive.)

JRiver looks like great thing but this is a big toe stub.
Thanks for any help or pointers.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 12:30:20 pm »

Be sure you have the latest build installed!

get it here

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93524.0

it works fine

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Arturo!

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:11 am »

I have the same reported issue here. I have some additional information below:

I can successfully burn to CD-RW media in MC20 (.41), but when I try to burn CD-R media, the process starts, and says that it completed just midway through the first track.

I can burn the same playlist to CD-R media in Media Jukebox which is also installed on the same computer, same drive, with successful results.

I can also burn from Nero on the same burner on the same computer.

I do not get the error:  "Can't start the write."

I'm running the latest release 20.0.41.

Thanks.

groundsource

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »

I too have been wasting discs because I cannot get MC20 to properly burn CD's like it always did in all my previous versions.  There has been a couple of recent updates since members have been posting this but still no fix.  Please respond as this is not what I paid extra to end up with.  

wilde53

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 12:48:59 pm »

I cant believe I'm still unable to burn CD's with MC 20.0.54 on two separate machines! They both start writing lead in......and just eject the disc. :'( After this experience, I will never, ever pay for another upgrade again.) Very disappointed.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 01:10:59 pm »

Dude it's not JRiver, it has to do with your drives! I just burned 4 cd's using JRiver. Have u even tried to get updated drivers for ur cd roms?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

CountryBumkin

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 07:46:03 pm »

I cant believe I'm still unable to burn CD's with MC 20.0.54 on two separate machines! They both start writing lead in......and just eject the disc. :'( After this experience, I will never, ever pay for another upgrade again.) Very disappointed.

What disk brand are you using? see this: https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?549-Recommended-Blank-Media
Also, what settings do you have in Tools>Options>Burn? Are you burning at "Max" speed? If so, maybe try a slower speed like 4x.
Pages: [1]   Go Up