INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost library  (Read 1819 times)

zelma

• Recent member
Lost library
« on: January 10, 2015, 08:58:08 am »

Hi all!
I've used JRiver about six months. Cant say that I'm handy with a computer so the answer might be easy. I'm using a PC laptop and have had a library containing about 15000 files/songs housed on a hdd connected to the laptop with USB. Last week I bought a Buffalo NAS and I mounted IT as a harddrive to the laptop connected with cat5 cable. After a couple of hit and misses I managed to copy all of my music from the hdd to the NAS and import all songs into JRiver. Named " new library".
So to the problem. Each time I turn off the laptop and then turn it on the library is empty. So I have to import again, taking about one hour. So frustrating.. What can I do?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Lost library
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:18:10 am »

Is something emptying the library folder?  Deleting files is the only thing that would cause that which I can think of.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:26:27 am »

Could the NAS be changing drive letters each time you restart the computer?

zelma

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 10:52:52 am »

Yes something empties the library and have no Idea what to do. The drive letter is always L.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

Hi all!
I've used JRiver about six months. Cant say that I'm handy with a computer so the answer might be easy. I'm using a PC laptop and have had a library containing about 15000 files/songs housed on a hdd connected to the laptop with USB. Last week I bought a Buffalo NAS and I mounted IT as a harddrive to the laptop connected with cat5 cable. After a couple of hit and misses I managed to copy all of my music from the hdd to the NAS and import all songs into JRiver. Named " new library".
So to the problem. Each time I turn off the laptop and then turn it on the library is empty. So I have to import again, taking about one hour. So frustrating.. What can I do?

shouldn't this actually be connected to your router?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

zelma

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »

Sorry. IT is. The router is between the NAS and the laptop.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

Where is the library folder?

zelma

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:36 pm »

Not sure I understand properly. It's on a NAS used as a hd with the name L.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 07:19:21 pm »

Usually the Library is on the computer (like "C" drive) and the actual music/movie files are somewhere else (could be a NAS or other internal drives). So you install the program MC20 on your computer and tell it where the music, movies, etc., files are located. Look at Tools>Options>Library & folders, open the "configure auto import" and see if it setup for collecting library data from your NAS (drive L).

zelma

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 03:45:40 am »

Ok. Right now the library is on the NAS (L). Maybe I'll add a new library on C and import from L. Kudos for your thoughts!

zelma

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:02 am »

Worked like a charm:))
Pages: [1]   Go Up