INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAV Filters  (Read 1589 times)

lynes88

• Recent member
LAV Filters
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:54:33 am »

Matt... I read in another post that MC20 will fix issues with certain video (movies) not playing.... such as Transformers.  It was mentioned that it was a LAV filters issue.  I am also not able to play Olympus Has Fallen.  I wonder if this is that same issue... but the reason I am posting here is more about confirming that MC20 contains the latest and greatest set of LAV filters... as it seems that the current ones recommended are in beta?

And to be honest... I was not able to figure out how these filters get installed or update them myself so I am looking for a better understanding of what and how LAV filters enter into the picture or MC and why I need them?  Thanks again for such an awesome product!

Dave

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
LAV Filters
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58:54 am »

Matt... I read in another post that MC20 will fix issues with certain video (movies) not playing.... such as Transformers.  It was mentioned that it was a LAV filters issue.  I am also not able to play Olympus Has Fallen.  I wonder if this is that same issue... but the reason I am posting here is more about confirming that MC20 contains the latest and greatest set of LAV filters... as it seems that the current ones recommended are in beta?

And to be honest... I was not able to figure out how these filters get installed or update them myself so I am looking for a better understanding of what and how LAV filters enter into the picture or MC and why I need them?  Thanks again for such an awesome product!

Dave

The filters get installed automatically at playback (or maybe import) time.  They handle all the video parsing and decoding.

We have a special trump card.  The author of LAV is a JRiver employee.  He's Hendrik and he's a genius.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lynes88

• Recent member
LAV Filters
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:04:22 am »

I like that kind of Trump card... and do you happen to know if Olympus has Fallen playback suffers from the same LAV filters issue as the latest Transformers movie?

Its above my expertise level but it seems strange how just a couple of movies do this.  But anyway, I guess I will be looking to upgrade to MC20... and I appreciate the upgrade discount.

thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: LAV Filters
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:01 am »

Olympus has Fallen Blu-ray is too old to suffer from exactly the same problem. Transformers failed due to a new feature used on the Blu-ray (Dolby Atmos audio), and it was the very first disc to ever use it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01:42 pm »

Makes sense.  I guess I need to do some more trouble shooting to isolate better.  If I can get the movie to play in WMP, does that mean it should play in MC19?  I had assumed it was a LAV filter issue since the video playback problem seemed to be the same between Olympus has Fallen and the Transformers.  I guess first thing to do is to see if I can get it to play by other means... try to isolate this as a MC19 issue...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

Makes sense.  I guess I need to do some more trouble shooting to isolate better.  If I can get the movie to play in WMP, does that mean it should play in MC19?  I had assumed it was a LAV filter issue since the video playback problem seemed to be the same between Olympus has Fallen and the Transformers.  I guess first thing to do is to see if I can get it to play by other means... try to isolate this as a MC19 issue...

A few questions:
What is the error message that you see?
Can you look at the [compression] field and tell us what you see there?
Do you have Media Player Classic? If so, and you play the file there, does it give a "buffering" message in the lower left before playing? <- this is usually indicative of an incompletely copied/corrupted file.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:37 pm »

When I choose play or click on the cover... I just get a black screen with the Media Player menu showing like it is playing but the video never starts..... and I will have to check on the other questions, I am not at my HTPC, so let me post on that later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up