INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluray TV show rip problem  (Read 1144 times)

mulliganvi

• Recent member
Bluray TV show rip problem
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:10:22 am »

I've recently ripped my first tv show.  I've had no problems with my movie collection.  I ripped, Cosmos:Space Time odyssey disk 1.  Found the rip information via wikipedia versus TVDB and it was auto named 'Cosmos S1 D1.' I think the naming might of been my issue. The bluray has 3 episodes, but i can only watch the 1st episode and it displays in the library as a single entry, versus the 3 episode entries I would expect.  Thank you for any suggestions.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bluray TV show rip problem
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:19:27 am »

You need to specify what/how you ripped the disk.
But if you ripped to ISO you would be copying the entire contents of the disk with the menu. But MC doesn't work with BD menus, so that might be your problem.

The easiest way to rip multiple episode BD disks, IMO, is to use makeMKV. http://www.makemkv.com/

You would select the episodes you want (skip the extras, etc.) and end up with a single file for each episode. Makemkv rips to a file format like "title00.mkv, title01.mkv, etc. (although there is customization you do to improve file naming).

Then you have to rename the files to whatever they should be called (like "SeriesName.SxxEyy.mkv where the "S" is for Season, "xx" is season number, the "E" is for episode, and the "yy" is the episode number). MC will then automatically download the cover art and episode information). The hardest part is figuring out which file is what episode (usually you have to watch some of it to know).

mulliganvi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:41:22 am »

You need to specify what/how you ripped the disk.

Thanks.  I will try MakeMKV.  I ripped it originally within jriver; inserted bluray and selected rip disk.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

makeMKV is a great product. It's free as long as it is in "Beta".
Download a copy then post back if you need help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up