INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UAC Prompt Appears When Launching MC20 (*Not* Same Issue As Other Posted Here)  (Read 1886 times)

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck

The UAC prompt is appearing when I launch MC20.  I'm not certain of this (yet), but the pattern seems to be that the appearance of the UAC prompt occurs the first time that I launch MC 20 following a boot or reboot, with subsequent launches not triggering the UAC prompt.

This behavior has been occurring for a couple of months now.  I updated to the current version (20.0.54) this morning, and it is still occurring. 

I've done a search on the forum, and there was only one search result that was both applicable to MC20 and that also offered a solution—http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94373.0; however, that search result is *not* applicable to my particular situation.

It may be appropriate to mention that I have the "Disable Automatic Update" setting selected.

Running Windows 7, SP1, 64-bit

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

The only time it should be asking is if you happened to run another version of MC before or in parallel.
You don't happen to still be running MC19 in the background for some reason, do you?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck

No, I'm not.  In fact, my first installation of Media Center was MC20, several months ago.

Thanks for your interest.

George

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck

Just thought of something.  You referred to "another version of MC before or in parallel".  The answer that I gave in my previous post ("No") is correct, but perhaps incomplete. About a week ago, I installed, for the first time, the PonoMusic World application.  Furthermore, PonoMusic World has occasionally exhibited similar (if not identical) behavior.  Could this be the source of the problem?

As a point of clarification, I'll mention that I had used MC20 only two or three times in the month or so prior to installing PonoMusic World, and I don't remember whether the problem I'm reporting here occurred during that period.  I do know that this problem occurred several times a couple of months ago, but now that I think of it, I believe that those occurrences were due to another cause (the exact nature of which I don't remember), which I dealt with successfully.

So, contrary to what I said in my first post, I'm now thinking that this is probably a new problem, one that may have in fact begun only after the installation of PonoMusic World.

Thanks!

Hendrik

• Administrator

That may be related. I'll inquire with John, who worked mostly on the PonoMusic World, if it can collide with MC like this, and if we can or should do something.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JohnT

Yes, if you run several versions of the Media Center product (including PMW), it will pop-up a UAC prompt when switching between them.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

riparius

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks for the explanation.  It's an annoyance, but it's good to know what's going on. 

If I may ask, do you think that JRiver is likely to address this issue at some point?

Thanks—
George

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

If I may ask, do you think that JRiver is likely to address this issue at some point?

I think we'll probably always have an active core and activation requires UAC elevation.  Sorry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up