INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver "Loses" albums  (Read 1433 times)

Frans

• Recent member
JRiver "Loses" albums
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:12:31 pm »

1) From time to time JRiver MC20 "loses" some of its albums. Say I have 1000 albums one day, and then the next I only have 400. A re-import of the files on my NAS fixes this issue, but it should not happen. I have it set to account for connectivity issues to the NAS (whatever that persistent setting is called), but it still happens.

2) In addition, the "Recent Albums" filter on the Audio menu frequently shows older albums that have somehow been rescanned and how have a recent imported timestamp. This one drives me nuts because it defeats the purpose of being able to see newly ripped albums at a glance. I suspect that my Acronis True Image backup software may have something to do with this odd Album Recency quirk.

Has anyone else experienced these issues - how do I troubleshoot? I tried searching on these topics but didn't find anything. This is not new to MC20, it's been this way for several releases.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver "Loses" albums
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

Try setting auto-import > Fix broken links > No.

It's possible that the import system is removing the files because they're temporarily unavailable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:21:09 pm »

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Only started happening once I moved to v20 from v19 a few weeks back.

Having to restore backups all the time is getting annoying.  I have it set to Yes (protect files on missing device)

Setting it to No isn't the right solution for me as I rename and delete stuff on occasion and need MC to update with those changes.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »

Setting it to No isn't the right solution for me as I rename and delete stuff on occasion and need MC to update with those changes.
What about doing your maintenance from within MC ?
It works well...

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:52:56 pm »

What about doing your maintenance from within MC ?
It works well...

MC runs in server mode on my HTPC.  I prefer to do my tagging with dbpoweramp and mp3tag on my workstation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up