INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fix the enqueue (add to playing now)  (Read 1184 times)

morello

fix the enqueue (add to playing now)
« on: January 21, 2002, 04:10:45 pm »

PLEASE!

It's a big function that DOES NOT work.  I'd appreciate it if I could hear back that it is being worked on.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:fix the enqueue (add to playing now)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 04:29:47 pm »

Works fine for 100 Million other folks...

You might want to give some more details (MJ version, your system info, what exactly is MJ doing and exactly what are you trying)...then 'we' can help you.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 08:08:20 am »

Doesn't work for me either. So I guess that makes at least two (2) that it's not working for, and still a great many more I guess (999,999,999)? that it supposedly works for.

CPU: Intel Pentium II 349 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 167 MB
Resource Info: System - 71 %, GDI - 85 %, User - 71 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.170

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 08:15:27 am »

All I'm asking is for more detail like where are you clicking on "Add To Playing Now" from?  What version of MJ are you guys using?

In MJ, I click on this right-click menu item all the time and it works fine.  Please provide more detail for 'us' to help you guys out.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 08:59:10 am »

ZRocker - Seems you don't practice what you are preaching. What if I'm lookin at gettin a new system. Would be nice if I could say that (example) - this kind of system works with this system, and doesn't work with these other systems. I'd certainly want to stay clear of the systems that wouldn't run this feature, and lean more towards the systems that will run this feature.

Cheers!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 09:19:33 am »

It doesn't work that way, though. You can't compile bug reports based on what does work. We'd be here all day with people mentioning how the play button works on their PIII 1GHz Inspiron 4100 w/256 MB RAM, etc. And it gets you nowhere. There's no point in knowing (from a software developer's point of view) what systems your product DOES work on, because the goal is for it to work on everything.

You need to know what it doesn't work on so you can spend your time focusing on fixing it.

It's one of those details that can make all the difference in either successfully fixing a bug or not, and the one most often left out by people who report bugs.

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2002, 10:16:52 am »

Geeez...how hard can it be to tell what verison of Media Jukebox you are using and how you are trying to use the Add To Playing Now feature (from MJ or Explorer or what)?  What am I preaching?  That some folks here will you if you tell us what you are using and how you are trying to use it...

Without knowing these basic details, no one here can help you guys.  Maybe direct your questions to Microsoft...sounds like you are complaining about Windows at this point.

morello

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2002, 09:52:41 am »

I have the latest version, 8.0.189, and I'm trying to right click in explorer in add to playing now.  It's still not fixed.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2002, 10:15:54 am »

I just checked and this works on WinXP with 8.0.189.

What OS?

Do you have "enable MJ shell integration" checked in MJ/settings/options/general?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2002, 02:44:51 am »

Let me add my - strange - experiences with this feature:

For me, it worked in every beta version I tried before build 180 (I tried several versions beginning with 160), it didn't work with 180 and 185, but it worked again in 188.

I'm still using 188 now, and it works great. I must admit, however, that I never checked if the "Enable Media Jukebox shell integration" option was set or not (I certainly never changed this option).

morello

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2002, 08:44:37 pm »

In 8.0.196 it is FIXED!

Wonder if my complaining did anything or not... but thanks a lot Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up