INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Support Kodi artwork scheme + Sonarr  (Read 2004 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Request: Support Kodi artwork scheme + Sonarr
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:03:48 pm »

For those of us that use programs like Sonarr (formerly NZBDrone) or Sickbeard to grab TV metadata and artwork, it would be great if MC supported the file location and types of Kodi (formerly XBMC), at least as a fallback to the default MC TV artwork locations.

The biggest problem right now is that MC stores the series artwork in a completely separate folder (Cover Art folder) than where the series/season/episodes reside so the external location must be hardcoded into 3rd-party metadata apps. If, at the very least, MC were able to look in the series folder directly for poster.jpg or folder.jpg, the existing solutions would be able to provide artwork based on existing preset folder and filename conventions (e.g., from Kodi, plex, mediabrowser, wdtv, roksbox etc). For those interested, right now the best metadata settings to use in Sonarr for use with MC are: XBMC: Episode Metadata and Wdtv: Season Images, Episode Images

Here is a conversation with the Sonarr dev over at their forums on potentially supporting MC: https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/manual-metadata-settings/3581
I hope that the two teams can meet somewhere in the middle (i.e. MC supports looking for season art in the season folder, and Sonarr repurposes existing code for Kodi and Wdtv to add MC as a preset). I bet that if the series artwork were allowed to be picked up from the series folder, they would easily be able to add MC as a preset metadata scheme since they can use the existing Kodi .nfo metadata (thanks Hendrik!) and just add a few tweaks to the artwork filenaming scheme for series and season posters, and episode thumbnails.

Thinking ahead, as MC builds on Theater View it will be necessary to incorporate additional artwork, like fanart, banners, etc. I know that MC does pull some fanart for backdrops, so it would be perfect if this was stored in the series folder as well, using the Kodi naming scheme. You can see the schemes here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up