INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: subtitle question again  (Read 1262 times)

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
subtitle question again
« on: February 11, 2015, 12:07:26 am »

Hi,
I noticed when questions are asked about subtitles, the response aint that great.
I have only three questions, and are searching what I can do to resolve these.

1) In a folder with multiple episodes of a tv serie, I have like :
goldengirls.S01E01.mkv
goldengirls.S01E01.srt
goldengirls.S01E02.mkv
goldengirls.S01E02.srt etc
when I view on my Ipad 2, jremote selects the correct subtitle when I choose another episode than the first.
This does not happen on the MC20 client (windows 8.1 pro x64) in Theater view, it always picks the first subtitle srt.
This is not normal behavior, I reinstalled MC but I always get this problem on my HTPC MC client.
On the MC20 on my main PC (server) when I do the same on that PC in Theater view it selects correctly and plays the correct subtitle srt.
This is on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Is this windows related or MC related ? I really would like this corrected or to know what I do wrong, I always
need to take my wireless keyboard, right click on the screen during tv serie or movie, and select the correct subtitle.

2) Because there is not "Shift" option under Options, Video, Subtitle and Languages, I always need to click
on the right button of my mouse/keyboard during viewing series and go to Subtitles, Shift and select +5% or +10%.
why? I have a large TV screen, and have an eye problem, when I watch the subtitle, like it is standard placed, either the subtitle
is sharp and the movie blurred, or when I watch the movie, the subtitle is blurred. Not in real of course, these are my eyes,
which aren't fast enough to view the movie and the subtitle together. When I raise the subtitle by +10%, I see everything fine.

I'm willing to pay a bit to get that 'Shift' option under Tools, Options, Video, Subtitle and Languages.

3) In the past I asked also for a color option for the subtitles (didn't get response to it), but this I can manage by editing the
srt file in windows notepad and add the color to it, at the top of the text inside the srt file. A lot of work for a disabled person like me,
but I get it done eventually. A color option with the font option under Tools,Options,Video,Subtitle etc would also be great.

I really hope that JRiver MC is not all about clever normal people but that disabled people also get a chance.
JR Media Center is the best there is, and the programmers did a fantastic job with it. Please help an older woman...
Maybe it is possible with editing some file in C:\Program Files\JRiver but that I don't know.

A real big thanks if somebody want to help me with this!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: subtitle question again
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:32:17 pm »

I don't think I can help much with this - but are you aware of the "subtitle size" setting? It's at Tools>Options>Video>Subtitles & Language. 

I don't use this setting, but it looks like you can increase the size of the subtitles (default is at 100%) and change the font. Maybe that will help some.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 03:27:00 pm »

I already made the subtitles larger, I know what you talk about. This isn't enough, I need them a bit higher on the tv screen,
the option is there when you play a movie or tv serie and right click on the screen you can select the subtitle and set it higher
with the Shift Subtitle option, I just have to do it everytime with a new movie or episode, it would be nice if I could set this permanent
in options. This is really not much work for the developers (I think), just add SHIFT to Subtitle and language in options and add
color in the font options for the subtitles. Just need someone at JRiver who wants to add it. I think that I asked it nicely.
What do I need to do, to get this done?  :-* :'(

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »

I noticed something new.
I never used Theater View on MC on my windows server (main PC) (windows 7 Ultimate x64), I now tried this.
Actually on this (main PC), it selects the correct subtitle for a tv show, and shows only one subtitle when I right-click
during playing of the show and go to subtitles.
On my HTPC client (Windows 8.1 Pro x64), when I right-click during playing and select subtitles, it actually shows
ALL the subtitles that are in the folder of the Season of that tv serie.

So as overview,
1) Main PC (MC server), Theater view, Video, Shows, gives 1 subtitle, the correct one
2) HTPC (MC client), Theater view, Video, Shows, gives all the subtitles of the selected show season, doesn't select the correct one, selects the first.
3) JRemote also selects the correct subtitle.

Does this happens only with me? Is this a windows 8.1 thing or is this a bug in JRiver Media Center.
The only difference are the operating systems, Main PC (MC server) windows 7 Ultimate x64 - has Windows Media Center, but I don't use this.
HTPC (MC client) windows 8.1 Pro x64 - doesn't have Windows Media Center, this is an add on which you have to buy, I didn't cause I have JRiver for this.

Reinstalling doesn't change a thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up