INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stack information not saved in sidecar xml?  (Read 1338 times)

Sesam

• World Citizen
Stack information not saved in sidecar xml?
« on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:35 am »

I noticed that after moving my movie files to a new harddrive (a bunch of ISO files), and then re-importing them. All information was preserved except for stacking (I presume it reads them from the sidecar xml files). All multidisc movies got "unstacked", I was under the impression that the stacking information was supposed to be written into the sidecar xml files?

If not, is there maybe a way I can rename the filenames for multidisc movies, so that they are automatically recognized as part of a stack during import?

EDIT: I now noticed this also happens with TV series that I have stacked (multiple episodes in BDMV folder structure). The stacked episodes appear to refer to mpls files, and those don't have any XML sidecars. So looks like MC does not include any stack information in xmls  :(, would be neat if it did.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stack information not saved in sidecar xml?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:28:30 am »

This information is stored in the MC database so you will need to move the files within MC using the Rename, Move, and Copy tool or by updating the database to point to the new location.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:50:03 am »

@BryanC, I see thanks. Considering how much I move around my files, I would have preferred the information to be saved as sidecars.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »

The move tool is very powerful, I've started using it to move all my media files.  Try experimenting with it you may find you like it...

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:37 pm »

I tried the Rename/Move tool, but it appears it can't move or rename/update the database path on the stacks/particles of my Blu-ray TV series discs. It successfully removed or renamed everything else.

But with these I just get a "file not supported", I included a screenshot of this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up