INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported  (Read 2826 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:18:34 am »

Blu-ray playback over Library Server still isn't supported. Is there a reason this can't be supported when all clients are in a local network? Currently one has to have a separate Library on each client mapping to the drive(s) that contain ripped Blu-rays. Some drives are on computer A and some are on computer B.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:42:47 am »

It should work when the Blu-rays are available to all systems through the same location (ie. mapped network drives setup the same way on all systems, or UNC paths), the general rule for the "prefer local file if found" option.

Due to the way Blu-ray structures are setup, it requires direct file access (a long list of individual files need to be opened), nothing MC can emulate with its streaming yet, and probably not very soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:46:14 am »

It should work when the Blu-rays are available to all systems through the same location (ie. mapped network drives setup the same way on all systems, or UNC paths), the general rule for the "prefer local file if found" option.

This is how I am set up (using the UNC path option), and it works fine for me from all clients with no errors.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 10:04:00 am »

I'll have to double check mapped drive letters. I thought they were identical, but maybe not. I'll see if "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found" is checked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up