INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Series scrape issue  (Read 1947 times)

h0mer

• Recent member
TV Series scrape issue
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:10:20 am »

My regex code worked without any issues in MC19, but in MC20 it files the series names with the custom field tags i created - Regex Series, Regex Season, Regex Episode.

My shows are all blurays in msts format and all episodes are in their own folder on my NAS. My folder structure for is:

TV SHOWS > Series > Season > Episode (ie - \\ServerIP\Lost\Season 1\01)

The syntax for my regex code is below:

Regex Series - regex([Filename],/#\\serverip\\tvshows\\(.+?)\\Season (.+?)\\(.+?)#/,1)

Regex Season - regex([Filename],/#\\serverip\\tvshows\\(.+?)\\Season (.+?)\\(.+?)#/,2)

Regex Episode - regex([Filename],/#\\serverip\\tvshows\\(.+?)\\Season (.+?)\\(0[0-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-9])#/,3)

Any help would be much appreciated.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: TV Series scrape issue
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:36:28 am »

Not sure what your problem is exactly (I'm not understanding your description of the issue) but you could optimize your regexes a little:

#\\serverip\\tvshows\\([^\\]+)\\Season (\d+)\\([0123]\d)\\# (untested, but should work :))

h0mer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:54 am »

Thanks the suggestion. In mc 20, when it scrapes a new tv show, instead of displaying the series name it displays the regex field names I created. So it doesn't assign season name like the sopranos, but it will name the new episode series something like.. [[regex series]] 1], [regex season] 1, [regex episode] 1.

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:39:52 am »

It seems to work for me. I created a custom field named Test, set it to Calculated data, and used the expressions:
regex([Filename],/#W:\\([^\\]+)\\Season (\d+)\\(.+)#/,1)
regex([Filename],/#W:\\([^\\]+)\\Season (\d+)\\(.+)#/,2)
regex([Filename],/#W:\\([^\\]+)\\Season (\d+)\\(.+)#/,3)

Both 1, 2, and 3 resulted in MC displaying the expected values in the Test field.

Are you doing something different? Or am I still not understanding the question? :)

Have you confirmed that [Filename] is still what you're expecting it to be? Maybe the IP got replaced by a server name or something?

h0mer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:57 am »

Thanks, the IP of my NAS has not changed.  I don't know why my imports are not getting the TV Series names.  I copied and pasted the exact code i'm using for each regex field.  I recently built a new machine and installed MC20 on it with the idea that it would take over as the main library server.  After the first import of my TV Series, they all didn't display the Series name correctly and had the Regex field names for the Series name.  I also noticed this on my older library server with recent imports.

I'll try using your recommended code modifications when i get home tonight.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up