INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: client startup with remote control  (Read 1424 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
client startup with remote control
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:25:16 am »

I would like to know if MC is working by design or if there are settings that would make it work like I think it should. I have MC set to start in theater view when my computer starts which it does.I use this computer for my main computing tasks in my home. What I typically do is I have hit Ctrl-1 going to standard view and x out, closing MC. When I do this MC does not respond to the remote. IF I have MC set to start both MC and Server then it responds to the remote whether I have x'd out or not. If I minimize MC instead of x"ing out then it responds. I have read in another posts that you should have only one server running as having more than one could cause issues. IF I should be minimizing MC when it starts are there settings that would accomplish this meaning having MC running in the tray like server does.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: client startup with remote control
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:35:17 am »

There is an option "minimize to tray" that might do what you want.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:58 am »

thanks for the response. I checked that and restarted but you still have to manually minimize after start up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:55:39 am »

In the options for Startup, tell MC to run Media Server on Windows start.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »

Thanks Jim. I had it set this way and now have gone back from your suggestion. As I stated in the original post I read that having multiple servers running on client may cause some remote control issues. Since I am still having a problem with my remote losing control of MC on my main computer/server I thought I would try taking the server off the clients. Sorry for the unnecessary post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up