INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some tracks appears twice  (Read 2186 times)

Jelle

• Recent member
Some tracks appears twice
« on: January 24, 2015, 03:22:41 am »

Hi

I have a problem. Ripping some cd's makes the same song appear twice in my JRiver MC - why is that. It's only with some cd's. If I delete one of the two identical songs, it's not possible to play the other. Its like they are stuck together.

I am fairly new to this program (has only been using it for about 3 weeks) and I'm not especially good with computers.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Jelle

• Recent member
Re: Some tracks appears twice
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »

Please can't anyone help? Maybe from the staff at JRiver?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:33:10 pm »

What's in the filename field for the two identical looking tracks?  Is the filename identical?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jelle

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:46:18 pm »

Hi

Yes, they are identical.

skywatcher

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »

When you rip your CDs are you creating any .cue, .m3u or similar playlist files besides the audio files themselves that may make MC process the same audio file twice?

Jelle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:29 am »

Uhhhh, how do I see that? I rip to flac-format and have done nothing in the settings beside "ordering" that.

Under "music" in "finder" on my mac the file only appears once, but in JRiver the same file sometimes appears twice. Ex. a cd containing 10 tracks will in finder appear with the tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 but in JRiver perhaps like this: 1,2,2,3,4,5,6,6,7,8,9,10 with no signs of difference on the two tracks "2" and on the two "6".

Until now I have ripped around 50 cd's and the problem has appeared with 4 cd's. And a little strange, they are all cd's with Scandinavian artists ? But It doesn't happen with all Scandinavian cd's.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:51 am »

Uhhhh, how do I see that? I rip to flac-format and have done nothing in the settings beside "ordering" that.

Under "music" in "finder" on my mac the file only appears once, but in JRiver the same file sometimes appears twice. Ex. a cd containing 10 tracks will in finder appear with the tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 but in JRiver perhaps like this: 1,2,2,3,4,5,6,6,7,8,9,10 with no signs of difference on the two tracks "2" and on the two "6".

Until now I have ripped around 50 cd's and the problem has appeared with 4 cd's. And a little strange, they are all cd's with Scandinavian artists ? But It doesn't happen with all Scandinavian cd's.

Strange, I wonder if it's an international character issue with the metadata.  Can you send me info on one of the CD's producing duplicate tracks?  I think if you just post the artist and album name I can try it here.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Jelle

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 01:42:02 pm »

Hello John T.

Try these two:

Artist: Kent
Album: En plats i solen
Label: RCA 88697726672

Artist: Kent
Album: Jag är inte rädd för mörkret
Label: Universal Music 060252799362

Thank you.

Jelle

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:01:15 pm »

Maybe I am closer to a solution.

I have done this: tools -> import -> configure Auto-import -> musicfolder, click on <edit> -> click on audio -> delete mark in the box by "cue".

Beside this I did - before ripping the cd - change the titles where scandinavian letters was included. Ex. ä did I change to a. With one cd I also had to change the title of the album.

I have tried this on two albums and it seems to work, but, but, but It takes quite a lot of time - so if you have an easier solution, I really would appreciate this.

Thank you in advance.

skywatcher

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 05:47:13 pm »

Do you need those .cue files?

I had cue sheet files (.cue) as well for all my ripped CDs which causes several players to see the tracks in duplicate, it's not just JRiver MC. I then asked myself why did I want those cue sheet  files for anyway. And I had absolutely no use for them, so just did a search for .cue, deleted them all, re-imported the database and no more duplicate tracks.

That solved the problem I had in another software I use to stream my music over the internet as well.

My personal advice: If you don't need them (and with all modern players you probably don't), get rid of them.

(Alternatively you can just define the import parameter to ignore all .cue files)

Cheers,
Pages: [1]   Go Up