INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: there was a problem loading the library..  (Read 989 times)

henry2

• Recent member
there was a problem loading the library..
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:04:05 am »

Hi,

Each time i startup my headless PC and want to use the GIZMO to play a tune, the message:
"there was a problem loading the library" occurs. The strange thing is that I only need to click the "Retry" button and then MC 20 works flawlessly right away.

It is kind of annoying that I need to turn on the TV, get the wireless keyboard, and then click "retry" each time i boot my htpc. It takes away the idea of having a "headless" pc.

Is there a common fix? The library is located on a synology 214play NAS.

thanks for any tips in advance !

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: there was a problem loading the library..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:56:11 am »

Hi Henry, it sounds like MC is loading before your network adapter is ready.
Next time you reboot have the display on beforehand and take a look at the network indicator in the system tray.

Martin

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: there was a problem loading the library..
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:25 am »

So this is just when you boot your HTPC? Not when it coming out of sleep right?

Is there a common fix? The library is located on a synology 214play NAS.

thanks for any tips in advance !

Are you just indicating that your media files are on the NAS? or have you in some way put the JRiver library files on the Synology? If that happens to be the case, make sure that the library files are located on the media server PC (it sounds like the headless one), preferably on the system, SSD drive.

Otherwise as Micromecca said it could be the network adapter needing time to reconnect. Assuming that the you have set windows to load media server on startup through JRiver options, maybe you could add a delay of say 30 seconds either through windows or a freeware utility like Glary Utilities. I suppose you could also check this by waiting a couple of minutes before trying to connect through a remote app like Gizmo.

There are other things to check, but if this is the issue its a quick fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up