INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay gain doesn't work with MPC files  (Read 1206 times)

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
Replay gain doesn't work with MPC files
« on: January 21, 2002, 07:07:56 am »

Replay gain doesn't work with my MPC files. When I press "Analyse" in the replay gain analysis window (with several files queued), the progress bar quickly fills (in less than one second), but nothing is analysed.

I tried it with MP3 files, and it works perfectly. I've previously read that some file types (e.g. WMA) cannot be analysed by MJ8. Is MPC also one of these formats ?

Xstatic

RE:Replay gain doesn't work with MPC files
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 08:36:17 am »

"I tried it with MP3 files, and it works perfectly. I've previously read that some file types (e.g. WMA) cannot be analysed by MJ8. Is MPC also one of these formats?"

it seems like it, doesnt work either on my mpc files. Buschmann and Klemm (creator & developer of mpc) has developed a plugin that makes replay gain work with mpc, but being a dummy regarding pc- and software stuff I cant get that to work in mj8.

I think that you safely can say that mp3 is no longer the only duable sound format, and for sure that in the coming years won't be that dominating anymore, (now that we have mpc, ogg etc) so it should be about time to create the same functionalities for these formats as there are for mp3.

Jesper.

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Replay gain doesn't work with MPC files
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 08:16:48 am »

If you want to use the replay gain from the latest Winamp plugin from Buschmann/Klemm, you first have to use Klemm's replaygain.exe on the MPC files.

Unfortunately, Klemm's replaygain.exe stores the replay gain values in the id3 tags, while MJ8 stores the values in the database, so they're not compatible with each other.

There are two possibilities:
- Use Klemm's replaygain.exe and use the latest Winamp plugin in MJ to play the files. The disadvantage is that MJ apparently doesn't display the id3 tags (artist, song title) of MPC files when using this plugin.
- Use MJ's replay gain analysis, and use the standard MJ MPC plugin for playback. This seems to be the best solution, but then MJ's replay gain analysis has to work for MPC files.

Please, can ANYBODY confirm if MJ's replay gain analysis is supposed to work with MPC files ?

Please ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up