INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-update smart lists?  (Read 1648 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-update smart lists?
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:55 am »

I've asked this before with mc19, but been out of town for a couple months so maybe I'll try re-addressing with potential new developments in mc20

I have a couple smart lists which make calculated fields that I use for tagging and browsing (mostly dlna)

Tagging I don't care, cause I'm in front of mc when I tag.  But for dlna browsing I have to go down to the HTPC and manually refresh the smart lists for the browsing to work, and my family has no idea how to do it when I'm not at home

Is there any way/hack to auto refresh the calculated smart lists?  I don't mind if it's hard to do, I can't find my prior thread so hopefully someone has an idea/or knows that it's absolutely not possible just so I know

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto-update smart lists?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:34:32 am »

I don't have or use a DLNA device in this way, so I might be of limited use.

Still, there is almost certainly an automation command of some kind that can do this.  Can you describe what you need to do to manually refresh the lists?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 12:07:52 pm »

To 'manually refresh' most of them, I simply need to open the master smart list and let it populate, once it's populated the tags and the other smart lists that use the master list "auto update".

I need to refresh the lists every time MC is restarted, if I import anything new, or sometimes just after MC has been open a while.

When I open a master smart list over dlna it refreshes the content on the dlna device in the smart list itself, but doesn't update all of the tags in the library and therefore allow me to browse by my calculated fields

For potential clarity:  I have
Nirvana-nevermind-1991-FLAC-cd
Nirvana-nevermind-1991-FLAC-HD2496
Nirvana-nevermind-1991-FLAC-multichannel
Nirvana-nevermind-1991-FLAC-remaster2011
Nirvana-nevermind-1991-FLAC-needle drop
Nirvana-never mind-1991-MP3-256vbr

The "cd, hd2496, remaster, etc" are all calculated fields from a smart list based on file properties, and was the only way I could find to make it easy for my family to browse the dlna in the "old fashioned" way of artist/album, and not simply get duplicate tracks on the dlna when viewing for album-nevermind (never mind that I have so many copies of the same album LOL)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:22:46 pm »

Well, the first thing to try is just this:

MCC_REFRESH
Code: [Select]
mc20.exe /mcc 22007
Do that at the command line, and then see if the Playlist refreshes on the DLNA device.  If that doesn't work, you could also try:

MCC_RELOAD_MC_VIEW
mc20.exe /mcc 30000
Though I think the latter is likely to only apply to the currently active View in MC.  If needed, we could conceivably use this combined with the ShowTreePath command line option to force the playlist to refresh, but let's avoid that if possible (because it involves switching the currently active view on your server copy of MC).

If neither work, I bet that MCC_NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED would.  However, to do this you'll need to get the nPlaylistID number for your master playlist.

This is pretty easy.  Open this page in your web browser on your MC server machine:

http://localhost:<PORT>/MCWS/v1/Playlists/List

Make sure to replace the "<PORT>" in the URL above with the port number set in MC's Options here:
Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > TCP Port

That will output an XML page that lists all the Playlists on your copy of MC, with their IDs for each one listed.  Then, you should be able to do:

mc20.exe /mcc 34049,9580639(which should refresh playlist ID 9580639)

If none of the above works, then there are other things we can try.  If you find one that works, you should be able to make a Scheduled Task in Windows that just runs the command on a repeating basis, so that it just refreshes periodically (however often you want).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:29:18 pm »

Thanks glynor!  Appreciate it

I haven't messed with MCC much, I'm going to try that as soon as I can.  I suspect it should work based on your description.

trcns

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 09:41:52 am »

I have  JRiver set to auto run on windows startup. If I have to enter "mc20.exe /mcc 22007" where will I make this change?
Pages: [1]   Go Up