INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the app and forum  (Read 1378 times)

eezetee

• World Citizen
New to the app and forum
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:47:02 am »

Hi All. Great piece of software and I don't know how I went so long without finding it.

Just installed JRiver this evening.  Had some previous experience with Plex, Media Companion in the past.

My questions (pardon me if rather noob but haven't found the answers i'm looking for)

1) I imported a "best of ......" folder with  songs all different artists.   Is there a way to just select the folder and keep it as "best of ......" as it seems jriver has grabbed all the singles and their artists.
2)  a)  Where can I see the art that's used in Theatre View for a song.  Is it puled down in real time?
     b) There are really great old school images, but some of the images are "new age" red carpet photos that I'd rather not see. Any way to filter?
3) Is it possible to use Media Companion to find art and save the matching .jpg as the Movie name. Easier to preview and find a match.
4)  Given that I did use Media Companion in the past, it has downloaded <movie_name>.jpg for each movie. Now JRiver has added 50 images to my Photo Album based on the movies in item #3.  Any way to turn this off?
5)  Is the DB to JRiver one single large file. So if I ever have to clear it due to corruption, all of my art selections are gone ?

Thanks for any and all answers!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New to the app and forum
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38:26 am »

1) I imported a "best of ......" folder with  songs all different artists.   Is there a way to just select the folder and keep it as "best of ......" as it seems jriver has grabbed all the singles and their artists.
This usually happens when the individual artists are placed in the "Album Artist" field by mistake.
Assigning a single "Album Artist" value to the track should fix this.

2)  a)  Where can I see the art that's used in Theatre View for a song.  Is it puled down in real time?
     b) There are really great old school images, but some of the images are "new age" red carpet photos that I'd rather not see. Any way to filter?
Tools → Options → Theater View → Theme → Online Media Slideshow
You can select/deselect various sources, or disable the feature altogether.

5)  Is the DB to JRiver one single large file. So if I ever have to clear it due to corruption, all of my art selections are gone ?
Media Center's library is backed up every few days. It only contains database information, not your tracks or album art. Album art should either be embedded in the file if supported.

I'm not sure about your Media Companion questions.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:02:31 am »

This usually happens when the individual artists are placed in the "Album Artist" field by mistake.
Assigning a single "Album Artist" value to the track should fix this.
Tools → Options → Theater View → Theme → Online Media Slideshow
You can select/deselect various sources, or disable the feature altogether.
Media Center's library is backed up every few days. It only contains database information, not your tracks or album art. Album art should either be embedded in the file if supported.

I'm not sure about your Media Companion questions.

Many thanks 6233638.

Maybe I should ask my question differently and not Media Companion specifics, please excuse me.  If I had a move called Test1234(1982).avi and there was a Test1234(1982).jpg would JRiver use that jpg as the cover art for display?  If so, I can use that Media Companion program to fetch my artwork.

Regarding my question #4, I think I figured my issue out. I added a directory but had video/audio/photo's seletcted so it seemed to get all the media instead of just the movies.  Cheers for that!

Lastly, you mentioned that the artwork is contained within the file. What happens if the mpg or avi doesn't have that art, will jriver fetch it and insert it into the file.

Thank you for the help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:42:26 am »

Hi All. Great piece of software and I don't know how I went so long without finding it.

Thank you.

And welcome to the forum :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:11 am »

Found my answer regarding the video artwork. If the name of the file is video.mpg, the artwork can be named video.jpg and it will show up as the thumbnail view. Which is good.

One down, a few more items to go before I do a major import.

Looking forward to the final touchscreen jukebox that I'm building

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:00:57 am »

Making some really great progress.  I just scraped my Media Companion files (recursive find for tbn/nfo and deleted).  Then did a complete scrap of my Movies folder.  Including in this movies folders is kids movies. The issue is that some of the movies are being flagged as Adventure/Fantasy/Family.     Is it possible to edit the genre directly in JRiver without having to edit the XML?

I cannot seem to locate any way to manually edit..

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:23:09 am »

Wow. In the last few minutes of poking around, i've found 2 ways to edit the genre and do a mass tag with "Family" which is suitable for kids.

Editing the single file by using the Video/Files view and drop down.  Or highlight a bunch of files and goto View->TAG and mass tag all

SOooooo happy with this !
Pages: [1]   Go Up