INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Video Categories?  (Read 2270 times)

tea4me

• Recent member
Add Video Categories?
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:47:58 am »

Hi, I've previously used Windows MC with the media browser plug in but have become frustrated with crashes of late so am trialling JRiver (very impressed so far) and would like to know if it's possible to configure the software to reflect my video libraries?
My server has 4 shares, Films, TV series, Documentaries and Kids films and I would like to have these 4 options & TV guide show under Videos in theatre view and remove the You tube and home video options - can this be done?
Apologies f this has been answered before but I have tried searching with no joy - possibly because i have searched using the wrong terminology.
thanks for taking the time to read my post and any thoughts/suggestion would be appreciated.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add Video Categories?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:05:30 pm »

MC is very flexible in this regard. You would start by going to Tools>Options>Theater View. There you see the directory layout/hierarchy (in the "Items to Show box"), you can select an item (such as Shows) use the tools to move it up or down or nest it within another group. You can also right click in the Items to Show box and "Add" or "Remove" (or jus the Add, Remove buttons).

If you nest Shows (i.e. TV Shows) in the same group with Movies (under Video) you need to be sure to change the "set rules for file display" for Movies (now the parent) to allow showing "media sub type "TV Shows", then go to each sub category in Movies and add a rule to "not show media sub type TV Show). It's easier to do than to explain, I think.

Removing things, such as YouTube is easy. Just click on the item in the Items to Show box (Tools>Options>Theater View) and hit remove.

tea4me

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »

Thanks for the info, I'll try making the changes this weekend.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:20:06 am »

Once you have your views set up as CB has described I have found that using a "keyword" in the tagging of movies makes it easy to get the movies you want it the different views. Whatever you name the group (for example I have my daughters movie group/view named Disney) use it as a your keyword. Highlight all you kids movies from your main Movies group/view, click tag in the action window. There is a tool button left of the Tag label, click it make sure that you have "show all tags selected." Scroll down to keyword field select it. There will be a number of items in there, right click and select uncheck all. Then at the bottom type in your key word. To keep them from showing up in both your Movies and Kids group/view as CB has described create a rule for file display in your movie group "keyword does not contain in the blank type your "keyword". In the Kids do the same except make it "keyword contains your keyword.Refresh, all your kids movies will appear  in the kids group/view.

tea4me

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 11:46:30 am »

Both, thanks for the info it has been very helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up