INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging AIF files  (Read 1281 times)

Grayson54

• Recent member
Tagging AIF files
« on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:24 pm »

Using MC20.0.63.  I have some AIF files which I downloaded from HDtracks.com. I cannot get the tagging information to stick on these files, especially cover art.  The challenge is that I have downloaded something like 30 albums this way, but only 2 albums will not hold the tagging info (about 25 individual tracks)  Is there something in the files preventing attaching info?  Or is it a setting in JRiver?

A quandary...

Any thoughts?

G
SYSTEM:  JRiver 23 Media Center for PC  ///  PC: PowerSpec B724 running Win 10  ///  PreAmp/DAC: Classe CP-800  ///  Amp: Carver M200  ///  Spkrs: Totem Fires/JL F110 subs.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Tagging AIF files
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:19 pm »

possibly read only.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Grayson54

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:18:13 pm »

Can you change a read-only setting?
SYSTEM:  JRiver 23 Media Center for PC  ///  PC: PowerSpec B724 running Win 10  ///  PreAmp/DAC: Classe CP-800  ///  Amp: Carver M200  ///  Spkrs: Totem Fires/JL F110 subs.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 02:22:30 am »

test to see if a file is read only>right click the file and choose> properties>if under the general tab (should open under this tab by default) at the bottom if (read only) is checked. It's a read only file. close the tab and back up to view the entire "folder" and repeat above and uncheck the "read only" and save your way out.

FLAC would be recommended as a better choice. In my humble opinion.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:03:49 am »

test to see if a file is read only>right click the file and choose> properties>if under the general tab (should open under this tab by default) at the bottom if (read only) is checked. It's a read only file. close the tab and back up to view the entire "folder" and repeat above and uncheck the "read only" and save your way out.

FLAC would be recommended as a better choice. In my humble opinion.

Agreed.

You could convert to another lossless codec with better metadata capability like APE or FLAC. FLAC permits an uncompressed option if compression is not your thing. From looking at the convert option using APE within MC, there doesn't appear to be a zero compression alternative (if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected pretty quick).
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up