INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dnla mkv video to Samsung bd-h6500  (Read 2194 times)

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
Dnla mkv video to Samsung bd-h6500
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:23 pm »

I'm trying to use the hd-h6500 as a dnla video renderer. My server is jriver on a pc on wired gigabit network. I can play mkv files, they play smoothly, but the audio sync is out and it wanders so can't be corrected. Also it seems like all the dts-hd tracks get converted to dts somewhere along the line. Possibly the cause of the audio sync issues? Is anyone else having similar issues?

The dlna server settings are original in audio and video so shouldn't be transcoding anything.

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
Re: Dnla mkv video to Samsung bd-h6500
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:33:15 am »

I think the answer may be in the mime type override. But I can't find a list of settings for the mime type override field to try. The information I've found is dispersed and specific to other peoples issues. I want to force acceptance of dts-ma and truehd.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:06:05 am »

I think the answer may be in the mime type override. But I can't find a list of settings for the mime type override field to try. The information I've found is dispersed and specific to other peoples issues. I want to force acceptance of dts-ma and truehd.

You could try using AndrewFG's tool to see what the device is claiming it can play.
http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 10:20:22 am »

OK. If I run that tool and the player is not reporting dts-ma or truehd, then how do I force output to it?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:12 am »

OK. If I run that tool and the player is not reporting dts-ma or truehd, then how do I force output to it?
If that's the case you are still in guessing mode.
Perhaps the simplest case is to turn off DLNA and DLNAExtra in the DLNA server options and just supply the mimetype of video/mkv or video/x-mkv and see if the renderer can parse the header for the needed info.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:52 am »

Can you please upload the renderer report either as an attachment here, or mail it to me via the send by mail button in the test application.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up