INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files imported into my (supposed) NAS library don't show up on the NAS  (Read 1106 times)

Farro

I'm trying to set up a system with a NAS drive to store music (specifically a Synology DS415+), where JRiver is used as the player but the music is stored on the DS (DiskStation).  I set up the NAS drive and mapped a drive in Windows 8 to a folder in the NAS intended for the music.  When I set up DNLA on MC it detected a library called DiskStation, but when I click on it it the full name says DiskStation-[CD Player/Renderer].  Figuring that was my NAS drive I tried importing a single ripped CD into it, but after I did, even though it claimed to have imported the files, they were nowhere to be found on the NAS drive.  I then tried creating another library by explicitly pointing it to the Windows 8 drive that contained the link to the folder within the NAS.  Once again I imported the ripped CD, and MC claimed it imported, but when I look on the NAS itself I see no evidence of it being there.  I can't figure out if I'm pointing MC at the wrong place--the first time the DiskStation library just appeared after I set up DNLA.  Does anyone have any idea why I'm not seeing the music imported (even though it is clearly being imported *somewhere*, since if i try to reimport MC doesn't import the files again).

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files imported into my (supposed) NAS library don't show up on the NAS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:04 am »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Probably has to do with using the Synology as a DLNA connection.

I would try this

on DLNA click on the generic one.

Then check that your autoimport is set up to the mapped drive. Then run autoimport again.

If you are not networked with other PCs or renderers, in this way you are simply using the NAS as an external drive and JRiver as server control and renderer. Should work unless I misunderstood.

Farro

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:55:49 pm »

I tried looking at autoimport settings and all I saw in the autoimport settings were tasks and "watched folders," which appear to be from the way things are worded, where I'm importing music *from.*  What I would like to do is rip a CD and import it *to* the NAS drive. 

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 07:26:36 am »

When you setup MC you typically create a Library on the computer's C:/ drive, then you go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders and tell the MC Library where the files are located (on you NAS) so it can link to them (and MC will build the Library based on those files' location and properties).

Also, if you are in Standard View, and you open the Playing Now listing, you will see "Main Library" and "Add Library" etc. If you click on Main Library it will show you where your library is located and there are some library tools available. There is a "Library Options link to the setup for "configure auto-import (where you point MC to the location of your files), and there is an "Import" button to start the import process (useful for new setups).

If you got the Library messed up somehow, you can also use the "Clear Library" button, which will let you start over clean - but will NOT remove any of your actual files.

Sorry if you already know all this - I just trying to provide the basics.

EDIT: Also if you go to Tools>Options> File Locations, there is an item called "Audio (CD Rips and Podcasts)" where you select the folder where your rips go. Check this and see if it points to the place on your NAS where you want the rips to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up