INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get the TV menu back into Theater View?  (Read 2931 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
How to get the TV menu back into Theater View?
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:17:22 pm »

Initially, I wasn't using TV so I disabled it in Features and also configured my own views in Theater View. Now I've re-enabled TV but I don't know how to add it into Theater View. None of the Add Item/Category options list TV as a possible item to add.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: How to get the TV menu back into Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 12:21:22 pm »

try adding guide

csimon

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:56:09 pm »

Thank you, but there's no item called Guide either, see attached screengrab.  Do you mean adding it as a manual item and naming it as Guide, if so what type of item as I've tried Category and Library Item?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 05:18:08 pm »

It's odd that there is not a built in TV Guide choice to use to "add it".
Of course you could reset the views to get the guide back, but that would mean you would lose your custom views.

I made some screen shots of the various setup (the "Set rules for file display") for the Guide. If no one else has an easier solution, you could rebuild the Guide from scratch (add Library Item).  I don't know of an easier way. Good luck

View 2

View 3

View 4

csimon

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

Ooh, thanks for digging that out. Will have a go at this tomorrow.

Hilton

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:12:08 pm »

+1 :) Thanks I'll make use of that too.

Ekpen

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:15 pm »

It's odd that there is not a built in TV Guide choice to use to "add it".
Of course you could reset the views to get the guide back, but that would mean you would lose your custom views.

I made some screen shots of the various setup (the "Set rules for file display") for the Guide. If no one else has an easier solution, you could rebuild the Guide from scratch (add Library Item).  I don't know of an easier way. Good luck

Greetings:

Thanks for posting your screen shots of your theater view set up.
I am not set up on Television yet, but I compared your set up in this area with mine. It looks the same but in the series part, I have nothing for the "set rules for display."
Could you post what you have here and in the areas of 3D movies, Name (a-z) and Date (old to new) if you have settings here.

Thanks again,

George

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 05:42:33 am »

Keep in mind that theses TV Guide screen shots are "out of the box" JRiver settings (nothing custom about these). Regarding the movie sorting, this is also simple JRiver built in sort criteria. I just create a new view under Movies to display things the way I want.

Here is Guide >Series setup:

These are my Movie views. Basically just creating way to sort/view and view my movie library. I have excluded "mk3d" file types because those are my 3d movies and I don't want them to show with the regular 2D views. You would just leave out that "exclusion" if you don't have mk3d file types. Etc.

Movies that are only HD:

Movies sorted by date (new to old):

Movies sorted by Name (note that you can sort "a-z" or "z-a" on any of these):

Only 3D movies. In this case I have all my 3D ripped to MKV format (mk3d) then JRiver uses an external player to open PowerDVD14 to play these (it's still a work in progress).

Lastly, here I sort by Media Sub Type "Educational:

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
When I show a "sort" view such as by Name, I like to scroll through the titles quickly so I use this "List view":

For normal views I like to use the "Cover Art" view.  There's a lot flexibility with JRiver (even if you don't know how to use "expression language programming")

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:02 am »

Greetings:

I compared your set up in this area with mine. It looks the same but in the series part, I have nothing for the "set rules for display."
Could you post what you have here and in the areas of 3D movies, Name (a-z) and Date (old to new) if you have settings here.

Thanks again,

George

There is nothing in the "Set rules for File display" box for Guide>Series, it works by just having the category "Series" in the details box.

Ekpen

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:40 am »

I thought I was missing something with these setups. Really I am not on Television yet, hopefully when I migrate to Linux by March when the Linux platform will have a major release, then I will set up the television part.
I am waiting for a 2015 4K 40-49 inch TV to mate with the new Linux HTPC box, that I have built.
Thanks.
George

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:47:52 am »

I thought I was missing something with these setups. Really I am not on Television yet, hopefully when I migrate to Linux by March when the Linux platform will have a major release, then I will set up the television part.
I am waiting for a 2015 4K 40-49 inch TV to mate with the new Linux HTPC box, that I have built.
Thanks.
George

Unfortunately, TV tuner support is only available on Windows platform presently.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Ekpen

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

Unfortunately, TV tuner support is only available on Windows platform presently.

Greetings:

On my Linux htpc build, I do have a Black Magic Intensity Pro card with HDMI. It has Linux driver. Base on your response, The Linux platform will not support TV tuner when we get a release in March- correct?

George

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 10:32:02 pm »

This is correct. The linux version of MC doesn't have TV functionality at this stage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up