INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: series to appear in other views  (Read 1340 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
series to appear in other views
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

I have a number of cartoon series for my daughter. They currently appear in the Shows view.  I have created a View called Disney for her movies. Is there a way to have her cartoon series function in the Disney view like they do in Shows. If this is possible to have them function identically, a step by step would be appreciated.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: series to appear in other views
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:16:48 pm »

I read your question three times and I still don't understand it totally, so maybe this is not helpful.

You have a Movie category view called "Disney" where you display only Disney movies (so you may have a "Set Rules for File Display" such as "Media Sub Type = Movies:, and "Name = Disney", or such).

And you have Disney Shows in your "TV Shows" category, which you would like to sort to only show Disney shows?

Is this correct"? Do you want to combine both Disney Movies and Disney Shows in the same view?

Try this:
1) Go to Standard View >Video >Files: For all you Disney movies, add "Disney" in the Series tag/field (you can add the Series column if its not already shown by right clicking on the column header and selecting/checking "series" form the dropdown box). Using "Disney" in the Series field allows you to group all the Disney movies.
Your TV shows should already be grouped by Series =Disney, if not we can deal with that too. Or tell me hoe you group them now.

2) Go to Tools>Options>Theater View. In the "Items to Show" click the add button and add " Library Root Item". In the Details box you can rename this "Disney".

3) Click on the "Set Rules for File Display" button. In the fist box enter "Media Type" in the next box select "Video".
4) Add a second rule ("Add New Rule" button) enter "Series" in the first box and "Disney" in the second box (so "Series is Disney").

Take a look at this and see if this is getting you were you are trying to go.

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: series to appear in other views
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:39:49 pm »

Thanks CB for your response. Let me clarify what I would like to do. I have the Disney view set up ( all her movies are tagged using the keyword "Disney" and a rule set up to  keyword contains Disney). No problems with this view. I have 5 cartoon series that are currently in the "Shows" view. I would like them to be in her Disney view so she only has to go to one place. The series, function correctly in the Shows view, meaning when you select a series you see all episodes which you then can select which episode you want to watch. What I want to know, is it possible to have the same functionality/behavior with a series in the Disney view. When I move the series now to the Disney view  I am not able to get it to work. If I select that series in the Disney view I only see one episode. I am not able to see or select all of the episodes like in the Shows view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up