Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

New JRiver Id

(1/3) > >>

greatgreyowl:
Just received my new ID & trying to get it setup. I have it all connected to my network via Ethernet, USB to my DAC, HDMI to a monitor and USB to a wireless keyboard and mouse. I can find it on my network and have copied some media files to the media folder. However, at this point I can't do anything else with it. Was expecting JRiver Media Center to open but instead I get a blank/black screen. WHen it first boots up I get the menu with the F2, F10, F12 options. Then a screen opens that is virtually impossible to read. It appears to have several lines with Debian...at the top and several other lines in the middle but there is a large graphic in the middle which makes it impossible to read anything. Then the screen goes blank and there does not appear to be any signal going to the monitor as the small light on the monitor goes from blue to yellow indicating it is not receiving anything. What am I doing wrong?

JimH:
I'm sorry, but it's not completely booting.

F2 would get you to the bios when you see it on screen.

When it stops changing, try hitting enter or "y". 

Bob will be able to help later.

greatgreyowl:
Thanks for the feedback.Will try that. I did go into the BIOS screen but was not sure what to try there. Is there anything I should try there?

greatgreyowl:
When I go into the BIOS screen (F2), under Boot Order in the UEFI tab, the first row says UEFI Boot and has a checkmark in the box next to it.The second row says Boot Drive Order and to the right says No Boot Drive. I hit F7 to check for an update to the BIOS and it says Unable to locate Product ID.

JimH:
I wonder if your drive connection is loose.  Open the Id to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version