Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

New JRiver Id

<< < (2/3) > >>

bob:

--- Quote from: JimH on February 08, 2015, 11:10:29 am ---I wonder if your drive connection is loose.  Open the Id to see.

--- End quote ---
Sounds like it's having trouble with monitor to me.
Maybe just let it boot and see if it comes up on the network?
If it does, you can shut it down with the power button.
There is a boot fix on the firmware repair download that might help as well, it can sometimes fix monitor issues.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94636.0

JimH:
Don't update the BIOS.

greatgreyowl:
Will try this next. Definitely could be a monitor problem. As I mentioned above, I can see the ID on the network & copied some jazz wav files to it's media folder. Won't update the Bios!

greatgreyowl:
Got the USB stick prepared and rebooted the ID using F10. After it did it's thing, a menu came up with several repair options. I wasn't sure what to do here so I typed in 98 (per the menu options at the bottom of the screen) and the ID rebooted. It did exactly what it was doing before and I still end up with a blank screen. Should I have tried one or more of the repair options from the USB boot stick?

bob:

--- Quote from: greatgreyowl on February 09, 2015, 08:58:40 am ---Got the USB stick prepared and rebooted the ID using F10. After it did it's thing, a menu came up with several repair options. I wasn't sure what to do here so I typed in 98 (per the menu options at the bottom of the screen) and the ID rebooted. It did exactly what it was doing before and I still end up with a blank screen. Should I have tried one or more of the repair options from the USB boot stick?

--- End quote ---
Yes, when you get into the repair menu, do the boot repair option (it's very fast), then 98 to reboot the Id.
If it still doesn't work, the next thing is to run the firmware reinstall option.
If it doesn't work after that, then the memory test from the USB boot stick first menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version