INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to get 3 albums by 3 artists in a set to display as 1 album  (Read 1231 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!

I have been running into this problem lately, below is just one example.

I am trying to import an album in entitled the "Many Faces Of Led Zeppelin", it is a 3 disc set, the first disc is Zeppelin covers all from the band Dread Zeppelin, the second disc is all covers from the band Great White, the third disc is covers by multiple artists.

In MC20 I am displaying my discs as album thumbnails, in the above album all songs all labeled as being from the "Many Faces Of Led Zeppelin", yet after it is imported it displaying 3 different albums as broken down above.

How can I get all the songs to be displayed as one album?

Thanks
Terry

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Trying to get 3 albums by 3 artists in a set to display as 1 album
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:47:05 am »

Setting the album artist tag to (Multiple Artists) for all three disks should do the trick.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

what i have done is to actually renumber disc 1, 2 and 3 so the tracks start at 01 and end on what ever....you also need to remove disc 1,2,3 in the tags if they are present and lastly make sure artist and album artist match. Led Zeppelin would be good...

UPdate: jkrzol is right about the (Multiple Artists) tag for album artist, as i looked at the 3 disc set. The artist tag should represent the artist as this will not effect grouping, but I would still put them all in 1 folder and number them 01-40 and remove the disc # from the tags but that is me....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:11:45 pm »

I went with jkrzok's method, I thought I had tried that but I guess not, all is well.

Thanks
Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up