INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick Remote Control on Windows 8.1 MC 20  (Read 2532 times)

Manhole

• Recent member
Amazon Fire Stick Remote Control on Windows 8.1 MC 20
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:19:35 am »

I'm trying to use an amazon fire Stick remote control (bluetooth) for controlling jriver on a windows 8.1 PC.

It's nearly perfect for my needs, and I like the form factor.  While it has dedicated play/pause, FF, RW, back, and home buttons, they do nothing in jriver.  The only buttons that do anything are:

Left directional pad = skip back small increment
Right directional pad = skip forward small increment
up/down directional pad =  cycle through options
OK/Select = Play/pause

With these functional, I'd be willing to just roll with this remote EXCEPT that there's no way to exit/stop a movie!  The on screen message says to hit the "green button" to stop playback, but there's no green button on the remote, and none of the other buttons appear to be automapped to it.

My question is:  is there a way to remap that functionality to another key on this remote or should I ship it back?  I can't find a way in windows to do it, and I don't see anything on the jriver wiki about bluetooth remotes except a passing mention with regard to ID.

PS:  I use and love gizmo, but I don't want to use it for my 10 ft interface generally if I can avoid it.  This remote would be useful for other people using the media center while I'm away as well, etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up