INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver ID & WiFi.  (Read 6685 times)

curmudgeon

• Recent member
JRiver ID & WiFi.
« on: February 08, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »

I received my JRiver ID about two weeks ago.  I finely got it all hooked up this weekend.  One of the first things I did was to go to the GUI mode and run 'update'.  Following the reboot and GUI start, there appeared a small window overlying the GUI that presented me with options to configure the JRiver ID network including connecting to my home WiFi network.  Before making any choices, I wanted to research this.  I can not find anything about WiFi being part of the JRiver package on the ID and the window has not reappeared.  Can someone explain this phenomenon?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver ID & WiFi.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:01:01 pm »

If you can run it wired first, do that.

Welcome to the forum.

Wifi is supported now, but it make be a little shaky.

curmudgeon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:45:27 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am trying to get my hand-held tablet to work with Gizmo.  I can't connect to the ID using its access key but I can connect to the MC on my PC and play to the ID.   Is that the way it is supposed to work i.e., use the PC Media Center as a media broker for the ID?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:24 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am trying to get my hand-held tablet to work with Gizmo.  I can't connect to the ID using its access key but I can connect to the MC on my PC and play to the ID.   Is that the way it is supposed to work i.e., use the PC Media Center as a media broker for the ID?
Playing to it by connecting to your PC and pushing the music to the Id is the default way of using it.
You can also put media on the Id itself and play without the PC.
If you are having trouble with the access key, you might want to go into the Tools->Options->Media Network menu on the Id and reset the key.
The wireless configuration menu will always be available in the GUI by right-clicking on any open space in the GUI.

Cousteau

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 11:41:14 pm »

How to make a wired and wireless networks operating simultaneously?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 09:45:14 am »

How to make a wired and wireless networks operating simultaneously?
This might or might not be possible and was not intended.  You could try the following as a start:
Boot into gui mode and right-click in the GUI and run wicd. Try to enable multiple interfaces. Obviously they can't be on the same network and one will have to have a static address unless you have 2 routers.

Cousteau

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

This might or might not be possible and was not intended.  You could try the following as a start:
Boot into gui mode and right-click in the GUI and run wicd. Try to enable multiple interfaces. Obviously they can't be on the same network and one will have to have a static address unless you have 2 routers.

Impossible to enable both interfaces. Need terminal.

trudellbc

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 09:20:56 am »

I am a long time MC user, currently MC20 on Windows 7 laptop, and Windows 8 PC, but I am new to the forums so I may be in the wrong place. I am hoping to be able to use the laptop to stream music to an Apple TV system, but my music files are all 44.1/16 (or higher) WAV and FLAC files, which I understand is a problem for Apple. Any general ideas as to where I can begin to search for potential solutions? Are AirParrot or Airfoil Windows app's possibilities?
Thanks for helping
Pages: [1]   Go Up