INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM driver does not output audio  (Read 1230 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
WDM driver does not output audio
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »

I just updated to 20.0.27 as I wanted to try out the wdm option. I can choose JR Media Center 20 audio option in control panel, and make it default. if I play music on JR it plays but no audio comes out.  If I keep it playing, and change back to output I had been using (Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD) audio comes out.
When I do have JR audio option on, my windows speaker option in the task bar shows activity as well, just no output.

I think I found the reason but am not sure how to change it. If I choose properties of my working Conexant SmartAudio device, it shows "jack information Front Panel 3.5 mm Jack" which is where I have my cable connected. When I choose JR properties it shows Jack Information Rear panel 3.5mm and there is no such thing on this laptop as that rear jack.

Can I tell JR to use the front jack somehow?
Thanks,
Pete

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM driver does not output audio
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:49 pm »

Tools → Options → Audio → Audio Device

Check that your output in Media Center is set to the "Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD" device, and not "Default Audio device" (which is now the JRiver WDM driver)

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »

Dang! I misunderstood that option when i read it in the release notes. it works now.

(tail between legs and I walk away...)

Thanks,

pete

natchie

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:13 am »

:o
Another one walking away with tail inbetween.  Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up