INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube Problems [Partially Solved]  (Read 30417 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Youtube Problems [Partially Solved]
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2015, 08:22:33 am »

In theory, the YouTube parser shouldn't need anything installed until it goes to playback and then it'll install LAV.

But just parsing the webpages only uses our internal file loading stuff that's hard-coded into the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2015, 08:30:18 am »

Welp, I deleted LAV and it indeed downloaded it, created the directory and the files.  Didn't fix the issue. Youtube still didn't work

Interested to see what Glynor mentions about the .NET.  My Win 8.1 doesn't have it, but the broken Win 7.1

Doing a SP update, Windows update and DirectX update.
Update:  Still doesn't work.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 10:36:17 pm »

Just wondering if there is anything else I can provide.  Spent many hours working on this but I don't know what's wrong with the single workstation.  The only thing I can think of that Glynor mentioned was .NET which I had to install because of Hyperspin (Arcade front end)

The other Windows 8.1 PC wasn't working, then just one day did some sort of refresh/download then it worked.  The Windows 7.1 did not

Can we look at a tool that will check for all requirements and report back. Like a Diaganostic tool.

Client runs it,  searchs for all DLL's/Registrry hooks/codec's/plugsin/etc and reports back.  Would be usefull for people requesting support.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48:49 pm »

The only thing I can think of that Glynor mentioned was .NET which I had to install because of Hyperspin (Arcade front end)

There is some component of .NET that is required for some part of MC, but I don't remember the details.  I know Hendrik posted an explanation once, but I can't find it.  Either way, it does prompt you to install it during the initial install if it isn't there and is required, and it certainly does NOT conflict with any version of .NET that I know about.  I have a bunch of versions of it on all of my machines with MC.

Have you tried a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall of MC?  That might be worthwhile at this point.  Make a Library Backup first, so you can get your crap back when you're done, and then remove MC including all settings (you can leave your Library).  Reboot, and then reinstall using the latest build.

Hopefully it is just that something went wrong in the initial install, and that'll fix it.  Long shot, really, but worth trying since we're otherwise stumped.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2015, 11:39:46 am »

There is some component of .NET that is required for some part of MC, but I don't remember the details.  I know Hendrik posted an explanation once, but I can't find it.  Either way, it does prompt you to install it during the initial install if it isn't there and is required, and it certainly does NOT conflict with any version of .NET that I know about.  I have a bunch of versions of it on all of my machines with MC.

Have you tried a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall of MC?  That might be worthwhile at this point.  Make a Library Backup first, so you can get your crap back when you're done, and then remove MC including all settings (you can leave your Library).  Reboot, and then reinstall using the latest build.

Hopefully it is just that something went wrong in the initial install, and that'll fix it.  Long shot, really, but worth trying since we're otherwise stumped.

I just did a uninstall, reboot and reinstall with the latest download (20.87 I believe) from JRiver.  Issue still remains.

This PC has HyperSpin and a bunch of video game emulators on it. Could that have anyhting to do with it?
Is there some program I should look at to see what JRiver actually installs/sets up during install that you can see if it's missing.
How about a debug or developer mode? The debug I saw was pretty lackluster.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up