INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move mixed up movies to their correct folder?  (Read 1254 times)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
How to move mixed up movies to their correct folder?
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

Hello

I have been sorting out my TV shows section, and come across quite a few movies that have been misplaced and put into this category.
Is there a way of moving these movies into the movies folder? (and then hopefully viewing them at the top to change cover art/title etc)?

Please help.
Thanks.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to move mixed up movies to their correct folder?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:12:50 pm »

I think maybe you just need to update the tags for those movies.  Change the Media Sub Type to "Movies"

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:17:32 pm »

How do i update a tag?
Sorry.. bit dumb is all. :)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:41 pm »

Here is a screenshot of what i am talking about.
There is even a movie folder, at the top left, containing movies, in the shows directory.

I tried right clicking > library tools > update tags, but nothing happened.
I also tried 'Get Movie & TV info', but it seems that the database is down, as when i try correcting the name for the cover art, there is no info.

??

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 05:09:53 am »

I find the easiest way to manage my video files is to go to Standard View >Video >files. That gives you a view as shown below.
You can then sort by column (click on column heading), you can add more fields (tags) to your view (right click on header and then check the boxes next to the field you want).
You can edit the tag in a field by clicking on the row to select it, then hit F2 to edit (use tab and shift+Tab to move to different fields in a selected row). Some fields can be edited by right clicking and selecting from the popup menu (like "rename").  You can select multiple rows at a time by holding the Ctrl key while selecting rows.

so in your situation you sort on the column "media sub type" and any media that is incorrectly tagged you can change/fix. I like to sort by "date imported" so I can take a quick look each day to see if the new shows just  recorded (mt TV recordings) need any fixing (tag changes) before they get too far down the list.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:51 am »

Thank you country bumpkin. you always are a great help  ;D I appreciate it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up